Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,800 Posts
Maybe it was a problem with more than one batch of tyres from 2011?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope.

I've now had home delivery of my new (used) car/Zoe replacement and it has original Michelins on from 2016. Guessy you what I can see here? ...

They might have got slightly better but ... same old same old

(Plus, if you are a super-genius at identifying wheel rims, you can figure out what I've bought!)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Nope.

I've now had home delivery of my new (used) car/Zoe replacement and it has original Michelins on from 2016. Guessy you what I can see here? ...

They might have got slightly better but ... same old same old

View attachment 145636

(Plus, if you are a super-genius at identifying wheel rims, you can figure out what I've bought!)
Have you bought a car?

Lets be more specific, one with four wheels, or five if you include the steering wheel.

·
29,800 Posts
Have you bought a car?

Lets be more specific, one with four wheels, or five if you include the steering wheel.
Six. It actually came with a spare!! :oops: (Spare wheel that is, not spare steering wheel. Albeit a space saver. :( )

·
Registered
141 Posts
Interesting read and fully agree on how good the Goodyear’s are the new versions are even better and , I went with Goodyear efficient grip 2 to replace the efficient grips the car came with , I think they are excellent vfm and very very quiet , interested in seeing what car meets Donald high standard …. And if the car company has hired more lawyers to deal with Donald’s complaint when he makes one. Just FYI I got a deal from Halfords and paid 100 quid each including fitting using the home fitting service for four new boots

·
29,800 Posts
interested in seeing what car meets Donald high standard ….
Regrettably it doesn't quite deliver there and is an ICE, but let's just say it comes closer than the Zoe.

Sorry, chaps, but it was a judgement I made. When I was struggling to make that judgement, I wrote about it, the subject of that thread (go to the first post only not the 20 pages of "X"). On this occasion the fiscal realities won.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Regrettably it doesn't quite deliver there and is an ICE, but let's just say it comes closer than the Zoe.

Sorry, chaps, but it was a judgement I made. When I was struggling to make that judgement, I wrote about it, the subject of that thread (go to the first post only not the 20 pages of "X"). On this occasion the fiscal realities won.
The dash looks like vw/Audi so if it’s a small car , golf or polo if bigger then a Passat possibly ,i do get why you went ICE some nivevBEVs on the road but pricey , I would like a Model 3 to replace my ampera but it’s going to be expensive and with regular trips to wales the charging there is still poor , I recall wanting an ampera when they were new just too much money at the time , now they are a really good buy , except the service support is shocking. now If the 2019 volt had come to the uk that’s a different matter .

·
29,800 Posts
Good spot. Base model Passat Blue Motion Technology.

In a desperate attempt to make it thread-relevant, the Michelins look original based on date, and it has had one axle-worth of new tyres, the past owner fitted it with Yokohama Bluearth, which seem to be very good for just rolling along quietly and draglessly. I can't criticise them. I'd still stick with GY EG if it was my money, but these seem OK.

[For whatever reason aerodynamics/tyres etc, this car really just rolls along. Knock it into neutral and it seems to accelerate when rolling 'up' a hill! I guess it has all that stuff where the brakes are pulled back from the discs. 80mpg is easy to achieve in this, around town or on the road. 50 mpg is also easy to achieve if you drive like a c0ck! ;)]

·
29,800 Posts
The dash looks like vw/Audi so if it’s a small car , golf or polo if bigger then a Passat possibly ,i do get why you went ICE some nivevBEVs on the road but pricey , I would like a Model 3 to replace my ampera but it’s going to be expensive and with regular trips to wales the charging there is still poor , I recall wanting an ampera when they were new just too much money at the time , now they are a really good buy , except the service support is shocking. now If the 2019 volt had come to the uk that’s a different matter .
I never found a true replacement for the Ampera.... Well, there isn't one is there, really.... I even considered getting another one.

The mileage range on the Zoe was fantastic, and I have given it credit for that. But still, even with >200 mile range, there is still the issue of having to figure out when and how to charge. For sure, if you never go out of town then you can just top up once a week (which is what I was doing). Nice. Then before a trip, one gets the coffee out, pad of paper, open up plugshare and google maps and .... etc .... it's the same for any range of BEV. Ampera was a real world mid-range BEV with none of the long distance BEV limitations.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Agreed , regrettably most of the Amperas are getting quite leggy in terms of miles it is a bit of a unicorn of a car especially in the UK , again and to keep it slightly on topic you must have suitable tyres to make it work , in terms of ride and comfort its right up there , the adaptive cruse control and carplay are two features I miss , I suspect a Model 3 LR is on the horizon if I can ever afford it , it may have to wait until the Ampera goes bang its in battery warranty until next december after which I suspect I will move to HEVRA and two year servicing , I two have 2 ICE cars as well a Lotus Elise and the Mazda Mx5 ND but for doing short runs for shopping etc the Ampera on octopus Go overnight works out at around 60p rather than £4 for a 40 mile commute and no road tax. During lockdown I kept triggering EMM

101 - 110 of 110 Posts