Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,691 Posts
Because Kia have charged you for it up front. Remember when Kia were cheap cars? They're not anymore. Remember when they're depreciation was market leading? Nope, not any more. That warranty keeps the pre-owned values nice and buoyant too.

Turn up to a random garage you've never paid a penny and then start asking for them to bet the farm on fixing your EML code error.
Are you re-writing what you said, which was the point I was addressing?
No business would adopt that level of risk.
... except Kia because they now charge as much as other car makers for their cars?

Sorry, what you have written lacks consistency, so I don't understand it.

'No business' .. except Kia, of course? nah. Sorry. Still don't get it. All car manufacturers, by law are obliged to accept that sort of risk on all their cars, for at least 2 years.

So actually, you meant to say 'all businesses accept that level of risk'. Maybe it was a typo?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Are you re-writing what you said, which was the point I was addressing?

... except Kia because they now charge as much as other car makers for their cars?

Sorry, what you have written lacks consistency, so I don't understand it.

'No business' .. except Kia, of course? nah. Sorry. Still don't get it. All car manufacturers, by law are obliged to accept that sort of risk on all their cars, for at least 2 years.

So actually, you meant to say 'all businesses accept that level of risk'. Maybe it was a typo?
W.a.r.r.a.n.t.y.

Also, way to quote out of context. You know this thread is about an out of warranty car failing an MOT and it may be fixed for £320 with a gasket change?

I think your memory is on the blink, I wasn't making broad statements, and you know it.

·
28,691 Posts
W.a.r.r.a.n.t.y.

Also, way to quote out of context. You know this thread is about an out of warranty car failing an MOT and it may be fixed for £320 with a gasket change?
I put it in context of rubbish British business doing what rubbish British business usually does; take the money but doesn't do the job.

You responded to 'that'. My point was general so your response to it must have been general. You added no caveats.

Like I said, a business will take your car for repair and accept responsibility for it while in their charge. SO they accept the 'level of risk' equivalent to the market value of the car, but then you say they won't? Not sure I follow. You didn't explain any further, just made gnashing noises. So I still don't follow you.

·
28,691 Posts
Cheap motoring for another year, however you spin that cost.

·
28,691 Posts
I think I made a mistake selling mine, but hindsight is a wonderful thing....

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I think I made a mistake selling mine, but hindsight is a wonderful thing....
Yes, you have never been as happy since letting it go.

We have all done it. I should never have let my Mk1 GTi Citroen CX go. It was super rare even then.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts