Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think £11500 is a fair price for my May 2017 Dynamique Nav 40 in metallic blue/grey? It is a one owner 16000 miles car with full service history and 15 months of Renault Warrenty left.It does have a battery rental and reversing camera!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I paid £10,500 for almost the exact same thing, used from Renault last month.
It was a good deal. You could probably get £11,500

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,792 Posts
Sorry, but show me a ZOE 40 on Autotrader for less than £13k.

£11,500 is a steal.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

£11,500 is a steal.

Can't imagine it will be around long. It's important to remember that any snap shot of used cars is invariably going to contain the cars priced at the higher end of the curve, as they tend to sit on the sites for longer at prices people aren't willing to pay. The ones priced at the point people are willing to buy at don't stay on long!

Personally I wouldn't pay more than that from a private seller, but certainly would post it for just shy of £12k and see what offers you get. Always worth seeing what EV dealers will offer and using that as a bench mark.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
And it’s worth noting that dealers put underpriced cars on autotrader that are always sold to get you into the showroom

£11,500 seems cheap though

JJ
Like the £9,750 leased Zoe I went to see a year ago and didn't buy? Or the £8,000 battery owned ZE20 that my MIL bought? Or the battery owned ZE40 that I bought (along with 2 others I saw). Or the very well priced Zoe that I nearly bought, but eventually was sold to @srichards?

And your evidence that these cars actually never existed...? I don't really understand your theory anyway. If these cars were sold when I rang to reserve them, I would have no reason to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Like the £9,750 leased Zoe I went to see a year ago and didn't buy? Or the £8,000 battery owned ZE20 that my MIL bought? Or the battery owned ZE40 that I bought (along with 2 others I saw). Or the very well priced Zoe that I nearly bought, but eventually was sold to @srichards?

And your evidence that these cars actually never existed...? I don't really understand your theory anyway. If these cars were sold when I rang to reserve them, I would have no reason to go to the dealer?
I never said it wasn’t possible to pick up bargains

£8000 for an ZE20 isnt exactly a bargain but I know what you are saying.

It’s a selling technique

but if it doesn’t exist then it doesn’t exist and they don’t say “but we do have one that’s just come in”

JJ

·
Registered
3,766 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I never said it wasn’t possible to pick up bargains

£8000 for an ZE20 isnt exactly a bargain but I know what you are saying.

It’s a selling technique

but if it doesn’t exist then it doesn’t exist and they don’t say “but we do have one that’s just come in”

JJ
Possibly but I was in the market for nearly a year and never once did I come across it...so call me skeptical. Maybe you underestimate the number of sad gits like me that watch the market and pounce on good deals as soon as they appear? ?

I've rarely seen a battery owned ZE20 for less than £10k? Also worth pointing out it was a 16 plate with only 84miles on the odometer. A year old, but never driven!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Yeah that’s good but still a 22 when demand was for the 40

well crap salesman if you rang up for a zoe, it was sold and he didn’t mention he had others in stock

Went to BMW as they had a few £14k E60 5 series diesels on their site. Queued to see salesman who then told me they were in the compound and i couldn’t have them for that price as they would take £to get them prepped but they had some nice new model ones from £18k

my budget was £11k so I walked out

JJ

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yeah that’s good but still a 22 when demand was for the 40
There is still a strong demand for a i-ZE20 due to their rarity. A comparative i-ZE40 is double the price....

There are a few on AT still asking for £12,500+ that are older and much higher mileage.

well crap salesman if you rang up for a zoe, it was sold and he didn’t mention he had others in stock
Likely because the didn't have any other stock. Pretty rare to have more than one battery owned Zoe for sale at a time.

·
Registered
341 Posts

£11,500 is a steal.
show a leased battery zoe that sells.
countless people here complained trying to sell zoes £1k under nationwide auto trader prices and being unable to sell them.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,792 Posts
show a leased battery zoe that sells.
countless people here complained trying to sell zoes £1k under nationwide auto trader prices and being unable to sell them.
I sold mine last month in under an hour. Could have sold it twice over.

We keep telling you but you won’t listen and continue to spread FUD.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The part exchange offers for my 2017 Dynamique Q90 40kwh Zoe with reversing camera and heated seat battery leased varied between £7500 and £8500. It had done 24000 miles and was classed as in very good condition. I’m guessing it will be up for sale for about £3000 more on a forecourt but I don’t want to look?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,792 Posts
The part exchange offers for my 2017 Dynamique Q90 40kwh Zoe with reversing camera and heated seat battery leased varied between £7500 and £8500. It had done 24000 miles and was classed as in very good condition. I’m guessing it will be up for sale for about £3000 more on a forecourt but I don’t want to look?
Probably nearer to £14k I'm afraid.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,792 Posts

Can't imagine it will be around long. It's important to remember that any snap shot of used cars is invariably going to contain the cars priced at the higher end of the curve, as they tend to sit on the sites for longer at prices people aren't willing to pay. The ones priced at the point people are willing to buy at don't stay on long!

Personally I wouldn't pay more than that from a private seller, but certainly would post it for just shy of £12k and see what offers you get. Always worth seeing what EV dealers will offer and using that as a bench mark.
Ah, many a time have I phoned up a Renault dealer to ask about 'The Zoe' for them to never get back to me...

Shall I try this one? :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts