Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So my other half doesn't like the MG because off its horrific fake grille.
As there's no air intake there I assume it could be covered by somthing a bit more discrete. Aka the Ford Mustang.

Any idea where I'd start looking for somthing like this?

Zoe Devotee
Just stretch some sticky backed carbon fibre wrap over the entire surface and then cut out the flap outline with a sharp blade? It'll look absolutely crap, but your wife can't complain then.

Registered
As there's no air intake there I assume it could be covered by somthing a bit more discrete. Aka the Ford Mustang.
Tell her the grille can be removed but you aren't sure that will improve the car's looks any.
Covering it up is not the answer either; she'd still know it was there.:)

Registered
Just stretch some sticky backed carbon fibre wrap over the entire surface and then cut out the flap outline with a sharp blade? It'll look absolutely crap, but your wife can't complain then.
You don't want to be blocking off the grill as there is a radiator behind it to cool down the battery cooling fluid and probably the motor as well.Any way what is wrong with the grill, I think it looks nicer than the Kia e Nero and the Hyundai Kona.But thats only my opinion.

Zoe Devotee
You don't want to be blocking off the grill as there is a radiator behind it to cool down the battery cooling fluid and probably the motor as well.Any way what is wrong with the grill, I think it looks nicer than the Kia e Nero and the Hyundai Kona.But thats only my opinion.

Only around the sides of the grill. The entire center section is solid with no venting.

Registered

Any idea where I'd start looking for somthing like this?
I think a Ford Mustang at the front would cause way to much aero drag let alone the extra power to push it around with the MG

Registered
Trying to clean the grille is errr..... not easy..... in fact it's almost impossible and will rip the wash mit or sponge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts