Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like Transport Scotland Logic. Build a massive hub and then 20miles away build an even bigger one. I say Aviemore is a prime location for a charging hub bigger than the existing single post. From Perth hub to Aviemore is about 85miles, in summer that's just doable in a 22kWh car (if your stuck with the trucks trundling along at 50mph) and in winter its about the sensible max for a 40+kWh car. And with Pitlochry and some other smaller sites the A9 is then fairly well served.

I also think we need a big hub on the A1, Torness area seems the most sensible. I remember they added a couple of rolec 7kW posts, pointless. A superhub 150+ kW chargers should be there really.
Totally disagree that the A9 is well served. It is not. It needs a proper hub in Pitlochry (rather than the two existing rapids), one in Aviemore and a big one in Inverness. There are only Three Rapids in Inverness, of which only one is reliable.There have been plans for a hub in Inverness City centre at the Rose St Car park, but there has been no progress on that for over a year. Similar plans for Perth which have had no movement for over Two years.

It is good to see companies like Engenie taking up the initiative and putting chargers in at Ballinluig.But the A9 needs a lot more north of Perth.

Simply not good enough.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,734 Posts
Totally disagree that the A9 is well served. It is not. It needs a proper hub in Pitlochry (rather than the two existing rapids), one in Aviemore and a big one in Inverness. There are only Three Rapids in Inverness, of which only one is reliable.There have been plans for a hub in Inverness City centre at the Rose St Car park, but there has been no progress on that for over a year. Similar plans for Perth which have had no movement for over Two years.

It is good to see companies like Engenie taking up the initiative and putting chargers in at Ballinluig.But the A9 needs a lot more north of Perth.

Simply not good enough.

Your not disagreeing with me. I totally agree we need a hub in Pitlochry and Aviemore and Inverness. Totally.

We also need something on the A1 as its under served.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
This is disappointing...

The site has been apparently finished. Site fencing all around but nothing happening.
Site staff is nowhere to be seen so I can't ask what is happening.
Walking around, stations are all with green light and ready to go.
All works seem complete.

My question is. WHY ISN'T PUT TO USE????? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is this just waiting for our president Nicola to cut the ribbon???

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
According to Invest Falkirk tweeter account the hub is now fully working :)
Not sure hen I will be going there but looking forward for it ;)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts