Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a forum search (honest), but couldn't find anything...

Is there much of a difference between the Family and the 1st Edition. From what I can gather, I think it just comes down to a panoramic roof on the Family?

And the business is essentially the same as the 1st?

·
Registered
492 Posts
The Business doesn't have the "Comfort Pack Plus".

I think the 1st spec is mostly the same as the Family without the panoramic roof, yes. The 1st does not have wireless phone charging, auto-dimming side mirror or variable boot floor. It does have alloys, play & pause pedals (woo!) and questionable C-pillar decal.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I think maybe the 1st only has 50 kW charging? Family is deffo 100 kW.
Edit: Hmm, I think I got that wrong, after some googling. Looks like it's 100 kW.

·
Registered
319 Posts
1st and family differences are the Family has roof, variable boot floor and wireless charging. Whereas the 1st has Alloys, 1st decals, the c pillar stickers and £500 of charging.

All current models from Life to Family have 100kwh charging as standard.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,615 Posts
Does the family have the fancy LED Matrix headlights?

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
357 Posts
Google is your friend, a simple search came up with this:
Download a Brochure

I even took the trouble of downloading it and attaching it for your convenience, I'm all heart (actually I'm in lockdown with nothing better to do!)

Attachments

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family edition
90 Posts
The Business doesn't have the "Comfort Pack Plus".

I think the 1st spec is mostly the same as the Family without the panoramic roof, yes. The 1st does not have wireless phone charging, auto-dimming side mirror or variable boot floor. It does have alloys, play & pause pedals (woo!) and questionable C-pillar decal.
It seems that the play and pause pedals have made it to at least one Family edition as seen in this video:

I'm picking up my Family edition on Monday so I'll find out if that has the same pedals.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have done a forum search (honest), but couldn't find anything...

Is there much of a difference between the Family and the 1st Edition. From what I can gather, I think it just comes down to a panoramic roof on the Family?

And the business is essentially the same as the 1st?
All of the models are described in the specification guide at The ID.3 1ST Edition

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Family has the Play and Pause pedals.

Reactions: SCA1972

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,678 Posts
I'm prepared to bet that everyone gets play and pause pedals except paupers like me who went for a Life.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Another not so obvious difference is the 1st has Airstop tyres (self sealing) whereas series cars have regular tyres and VW provide a can of goo +pump.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
275 Posts
Another not so obvious difference is the 1st has Airstop tyres (self sealing) whereas series cars have regular tyres and VW provide a can of goo +pump.
On that point - I've got past the point in my life where I need flashy alloys ( ;) ), so the Family works for me with 18" steel wheels, cheaper tyres, lower rolling resistance, etc. - makes winter wheels/tyres cheaper as well.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts