Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Coyote Series was essentially an application designed specifically for the French market, where it is illegal to have any device in your vehicle that can detect speed cameras. It is a community based app, where its users inform each other of speed cameras.

Since it is not illegal in the UK to have such devices that detect speed cameras. The Coyote Series has had a poor following. And without a large community base supporting the application, the information is not very good. Further more your R-Link is setup to warn you of any speed cameras.

If you wish to keep Coyote Series, then please keep in mind that it is a subscription based application that requires renewal, once your three month free trial is over.
The official site isn't as informative but is available here : Coyote, the European leader of real-time road information

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
484 Posts
Coyote is an unwelcome intrusion into an otherwise pleasant driving experience.

I can't remember how I got rid of it, but I was happy once it was gone.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coyote is an unwelcome intrusion into an otherwise pleasant driving experience.

I can't remember how I got rid of it, but I was happy once it was gone.
How in particular did it intrude? I've never had it running while driving and it's fairly useless when parked.

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
484 Posts
It would warn me of something, maybe a traffic light camera, by making a sudden loud shriek and start flashing things on the Rlink screen, very offputting.

Tomtom speed camera noises are well balanced between informing the driver and not distracting the driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts