·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't buy a 16amp lead as some public chargers don't like them, drop mark @nuWorld Energy a line he can sort you a 5m 32amp lead - simples. He says he sells 10m leads now aswell - he's a crazy man!
Cheers

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, really? Isn't the cable that comes with the E-Up 16A?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Could be haven't had the pleasure of a vw EV customer as yet. Advisable to go for 32amp public charge cable as some units don't like the resistance of the 16amp ones. Marks price won't be far off the online one. Give him a nudge.
How's the EV doing? Were the dealers of any use when it came to home charge units?

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's awesome @Chris Everitt - thanks for asking. Range is a little down in the colder weather (we got it in May, so have mainly driven in the summer). It's going in tomorrow for a couple of niggles - the worst being that the charge port sometimes doesn't unlock.

I did find some fussiness with a type 2 post at the Cambridge Park and Ride once... Trying to think what make it was now! Chargemaster and Pod Point units seem fine. The cable is pretty thin - I'm sure its's 16A rated.

I got a BG home charger installed (32A) at home.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
It's awesome @Chris Everitt - thanks for asking. Range is a little down in the colder weather (we got it in May, so have mainly driven in the summer). It's going in tomorrow for a couple of niggles - the worst being that the charge port sometimes doesn't unlock.

I did find some fussiness with a type 2 post at the Cambridge Park and Ride once... Trying to think what make it was now! Chargemaster and Pod Point units seem fine. The cable is pretty thin - I'm sure its's 16A rated.

I got a BG home charger installed (32A) at home.
The Cambridge park and ride chargers are Elektromotive. They can be a bit funny sometimes, mostly because they go through a warm up cycle before they are ready for the car to request power. Sometimes, if you plug in the car too quickly after swiping your card, it gets itself in an infinite loop of confusion !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts