Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my first EV a second hand 30kw Nissan Leaf but it’s causing me issues and I’m hoping I might be able to hand it back to the dealer. I’m looking at the 30kw Soul as an alternative more reliable car, but wondering if there are any models that allow for faster charging in the way the 6.6 kw on board charger on the Leaf does? Ideally want to be able to add 50 miles of range in 4hours overnight charge to get the most out of the Octopus Go tariff

·
Registered
747 Posts
According to ev database, the 30kWh Soul has 6.6kW charging capability so you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Indeed the Soul has 6.6kW charging. In an hour that will dd circa 20 miles range in winter and up to about 30 miles extra range in the summer. You can charge from near empty to near full in a little over 4 hours.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Yes, my 30kWh Soul added about 20 mph on the charger, same as my 64kWh one does.

·
Registered
Soul EV 30kWh 2017
230 Posts
I usually charge 50% (from 20 to 70, or 30 to 80) at 16A in 5hr 20min, so if you use an EVSE which will provide 30A you should get your 50 miles in something like 2hr 30min. You have to set the start and end times to do that with the 30 kWh model.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I used to have a Soul 30kWh and never failed to fully charge it on Octopus Go. If you need an hour more (you shouldn't unless coming home on electrons, is that the equivalent of "fumes"?) then you could look into Go Faster, its slightly more per kWh 5.5p but gives you 5 hours, I'm on this now I have a larger battery to fill in the ZS EV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts