Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is a bit odd but when both windows are down if I try to put them both up at the same time about 1 in 3 times one window goes up and the other goes down. First few times I thought maybe it was me and my fat fingers but then it happened to my wife too.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
572 Posts
Why software version do you have? That whole control panel would intermittently just not do anything at all when mine was on the original 0564 version, but has been fine since 0570 was installed.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,985 Posts
I've had that with the eGolf too. its been too cold to open the windows on the ID3 yet.

I did try to press the 'button' to switch the heated mirrors on and wondered why it didn't work. After watching Battery Life's video I found out it works like the Golf does, twist the knob.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm on 2.0 but I've got a couple of other issues with it (stuck offline and can't preheat) so it's going to the local dealer on Wednesday wondered if I should mention the issue with the window at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its been too cold to open the windows on the ID3 yet.
We've only noticed as we have an almost blind exit from our driveway so we always have the windows down and creep out, first time it happened the wife thought I was just trying to freeze her to death! :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not just me then, the odd thing is its only when both switches are pressed as far as I can tell. I'll mention it to the dealer and see if they can do anything.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've had an experience where one window (passenger) went down when I intended it to go up. But I don't recall whether I was trying to do both windows at the same time - it is possible. It was an odd disconnect with my head really not sure what my fingers did.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,867 Posts
Not just me then, the odd thing is its only when both switches are pressed as far as I can tell. I'll mention it to the dealer and see if they can do anything.
The 'technician' will stab at the buttons with a fat finger and say there's nothing wrong with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts