Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 3rd faulty charger in 4 years... Probably there is nothing that could be done to fix it right?
Do your chargers last longer? I mainly use this one - for the 220V.
Thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to reset the charge - and it's working again 馃榾
I have set the maximum charging current to 5A to prevent any issues... I really don't care most of the time if it charges slowly... It however said it's going to charge for 2 hours, which is the regular time it takes.... I would guess it will charge slower?

Registered
I had issue with my granny charger when it got stuck on a red light. I can't remember exactly what light it was stuck on - but it would boot-up and cycle through the lights, then get stuck on a red light and wouldn't charge. I held in the reset button for a long time thinking it may do a hard reboot. It did - and it fixed it for me. Has been working fine since. Worth a try.

Registered
My granny charger is the Duosida one, have had no issues with it. It's worth noting though I did have my outdoor socket replaced twice (Under guarantee by the electrician). The first and second sockets used had a moment where the switch on the socket locked in place so I couldn't turn it off, but there was no current anyway and no tripped switches.

The electrician done some digging and mentioned some EVs on connection draw an initial surge of power before then settling back down to a normal current, so he done some wizardry or installed a bigger fuse but ever since it's been fine (fingers crossed) - This socket is a metal one and seems much higher quality than the other two plastic housing sockets.

Ironically the socket looks more expensive than the Duosida charger itself! 馃槀

Hope this helps,
BK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts