Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All
I am a retired person living in Switzerland owning a Tesla S since 2 years and for the life of me I don’t drive much but my car clocks up amazing Kilometers. In 2 years it shows 40’000 kms - god know from where as I have never made lengthy trips with this car.
I am convinced the odometer is faulty but Tesla Switzerland doesn’t acknowledge it.
Does anyone else have a similar issue?
Would really appreciate your feedback
Thank you

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Got any kids who think Teslas are cool? :D

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Mine seems to accumulate many more miles than i thought, but more to do with driving it more because i enjoy it!

How many KWH of electricity have you used in that time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than keeping a daily log of trips and distances I’m not sure what you can do. Iv3 not heard of anyone else having such a problem.
Is there a away to get a log of all the trips I made from Tesla - they should have a log?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a way to get a log from Tesla for all the trips I made. Tesla does keep a log no?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The odometer is based on the speedometer in most vehicles.

Try checking if that is accurate first. For example, you can drive past a speed warning sign to see if the car is displaying a reasonably accurate speed.

As far as I know Tesla does not keep journey logs, just logs in case of accident.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Ditto, drive a known distance and compare the odometer before and after and prove that there is an error...
The logs Tesla have (if they have) will just show the same error rate, it's not as if it will give different numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts