Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
So apparently older, "better educated" people are in favour of EVs.

Not sure I'm either, but still... :D

I think it's interesting how that pans out, essentially through it all it just seems to read that – as we know – people fear change. They like somehow putting something "tangible" in, and getting mileage back.

I'm sure folk will learn to love EVs the more they get to drive them. You'd think the EV driving style would be perfect for the Automatic "you drive stick?!" US consumers?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A lot of people don't really understand the difference. And see anything from stop/start tech through mild hybrids, ampera, bmw i3, leaf as one and the same

All have their place - be it due to usage pattern, cost etc. As more manufacturers release cars with substantial plugin-in capability (say ampera up) I am hopefully improved dealer education will gradually educate the general population more about this area.

Somehow I doubt Top Gear will.......

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Top Gear the magazine have said some nice things about EVs lately, Clarkson and Co. have always been flip-flopping popularists with their opinions, so maybe one day it will filter through, when they think it's what their audience want to hear.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I agree, totally different, much like the board game and other spin-offs.

I've spent years on the "circuit" with motoring journalists and if there's one thing it's taught me it's that they're just humans with opinions, flaws and all. Reviews are just the opinion of that one person at that one time (often with an over-arching editorial "style" or influence from above), so decide for yourself, or find a reporter you like and (mostly) agree with and see what they say before making your own mind up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts