Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along last night and I heard a bong, noticed an alert on the dashboard. Stopped to look and it said <Check Forward Collision Avoidance Assist>.
Fault cleared by stop/start.
Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,649 Posts
Never had it in the Soul (1200milies @4m/kWh ;)).

But the GTE would rarely have a similar fault, while driving with ACC on. It would easily clear after restart or even by itself after some time. After a while I presumed that it was any sort of obstruction, such as dirt/heavy rain, blocking the front facing radar at the front of the car.

Never caused any substantial damage, but if you are driving the SOUL at the moment this happens, you have to make sure that you are in full control of the car as some of the auto functions might be impaired!

There is either Kona or Niro thread on a similar topic, try and find it.

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Dirt over camera or debris on radar.

The solution is to wash your car 👍

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I stopped and checked radar for obstruction, but nothing found. I didn't think to check the camera.
It was raining very heavily a the time so maybe that was a factor..?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Yup that’ll be it. Raindrop on the camera - cars no longer look like cars.

A lot of manufacturers heat their cameras to prevent this.

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
221 Posts
Used to have the same issue on my previous car regularly (Pug 3008). The most annoying implication of too much muck around the front of the car was the auto lights going haywire because it couldn't tell when lights were ahead. I had a number of instances where it turned on full beam directly in the face of a nearby oncoming car. Nearly died of shame more than once.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts