Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For hopefully obvious reasons, Fully Charged Live has been postponed until late October.
Bonus - This means we may get EV aircraft involved now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, got the email too...understand the reasoning but the original date fitted well with my calendar. Not had the chance to view the video yet though. Might also get some additional cars there maybe - MG Estate car and Skoda Enyaq would be interesting to me.

now just trying to rearrange the Airbnb I booked for the original show!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, got the email too...understand the reasoning but the original date fitted well with my calendar. Not had the chance to view the video yet though. Might also get some additional cars there maybe - MG Estate car and Skoda Enyaq would be interesting to me.

now just trying to rearrange the Airbnb I booked for the original show!
I'm in the same situation but with booking.com.
I booked a "non-refundable, non-changable" room, but thankfully they've offered to change the dates after all under the circumstances.
Waiting to hear back from them right now.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
727 Posts
This means i might be able to go! Our second baby is due beginning of may so not sure the wife would have appreciated me swanning off for the day....Oct however i can probably wing it.

95 miles to farnborough....bet the rapids are chocker on fully charged show days and i can only do about 125 on a charge.... I couldnt possibly turn up in our diesel runabout could I?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm in the same situation but with booking.com.
I booked a "non-refundable, non-changable" room, but thankfully they've offered to change the dates after all under the circumstances.
Waiting to hear back from them right now.
Glad to report I’ve successfully changed the booking for the new dates...and it was £2.34 cheaper so I got a small refund.

slight downside was that I had hoped to book another night in the Airbnb to save a long drag North* after the show on Saturday- but couldn’t do this as someone else whose going to the show had changed their Saturday night booking too!

* got to say I’m not impressed with the location for a “national” show...last years at Silverstone would have been more accessible for more people as it is more central, although I completely get that there the new venue is much bigger. But the new location is a real pain for anyone who doesn’t live in the South of the UK. #rant mode off

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
* got to say I’m not impressed with the location for a “national” show...last years at Silverstone would have been more accessible for more people as it is more central, although I completely get that there the new venue is much bigger. But the new location is a real pain for anyone who doesn’t live in the South of the UK. #rant mode off
I believe they've said that in 2021, FCL will be like Chris Evans' "Carfest" in having both a Northern & Southern event.
I'd like to see FCL one day fill the Birmingham NEC, like the motor shows of old.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hate to say, but this isnt the "British" show, its the European one.

So it's Actully a bit far west.

Roberts been hinting at Chinese expansion as well lol

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hate to say, but this isnt the "British" show, its the European one.

So it's Actully a bit far west.

Roberts been hinting at Chinese expansion as well lol
A fair point. I’ve still not caught up that websites and YouTube are international...just because it’s English language doesn’t make it an British thing (y)

would be good to go to the event post Coronavirus in somewhere like Düsseldorf or one of the big European centres. A road trip by EV combined with the event ?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A fair point. I’ve still not caught up that websites and YouTube are international...just because it’s English language doesn’t make it an British thing (y)

would be good to go to the event post Coronavirus in somewhere like Düsseldorf or one of the big European centres. A road trip by EV combined with the event ?
Several German cities have huge exhibition centres. Cologne & Frankfurt at least.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
On news that Farnborough may get a Nightingale Hospital. I assume this will be at the FCL venue and if that happens then it will be knocked on the head for 2020.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Agreed.
Hence why I won't be going regardless of what date it eventually happens.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
727 Posts
I was gonna get my dad tickets for his birthday but i will make it christmas instead. See you in 2021!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts