Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered an all electric Ioniq last October through an incredibly low price salary sacrifice scheme. Delivery date early January.... then February.... then March.... now May, possibly.

The price of other vehicles including the BMW i3 seems to have dropped significantly on the scheme so I can get the i3 Hatch eDrive 120Ah Interior World Suite Auto for £208 per month including insurance, servicing etc. I viewed a couple of review videos and Im a litlle confused on charging options. Are these only chargeable on domestic mains with faster charging options as extras? Seemed very odd.

Does anyone have this specific model - thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The standard new i3 120 Ahr can be charged at home using the “granny” charger at 10amps/2.2 kW or by investing in a wall charger which will provide 30 amps (7kW) and will fully charge in 7 hours (not that you should ever be at zero charge to start with). You have a CCS socket so when out and about you can charge at dc rapids (up to 50 kW but less in practice) or ac 3 phase at 11kW. with a tethered lead or 3 phase lead. Last time I used a Rapid I charged from 50% to 100% in 30 mins but stopping at 80% is always quicker e.g. 20% - 80%.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Early i3 had DC rapid charging (ie. a CCS socket) as an optional extra. I think the assumption was some would be city-only, or that owners with the range extender would use that instead of rapid charging.

Always been standard on the 120Ah one.

·
Registered
Leaf e+
178 Posts
Have any of the new releases made it onto your salary sacrifice scheme such as e-2008, DS3 e-tense? Not sure what the lead times on those might look like...

If it's any help - Leaf e+ order for me took 4 months. Also ordered in October. You're likely to be in a similar lead time for about anything you order right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts