Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have question for mg zs ev users:
What's your range on motorway (winter/summer) while driving at 70miles per hour.
Did you find any rust under car?
What charging cable do you recommend (car we were looking at have only 3pin cable)?

·
Registered
89 Posts
hiya

motorway range winter at 70 mph is probably around 120 miles...2.2-2.4 miles KWH
motorway range summer at 70 mph is probably around 140 miles 2.5-2.9 miles kwh

This car is not designed for motorway long distance travel but if you only occassionaly need to travel more than 120 mile journeys its no problem

I have seen a guy on utube apparently showing rust under the car.
I am not sure he is finding rust as i have looked under mine and the brown markings that he shows just rub off and seem to be dirt.
I am happy with things underneath and have seen no rust having had the car now nearly 18 months.

I have been quite okay with a fixed cable 7kw charger fitted at home and use the fixed cables on fast chargers when on long journeys so i havent felt i needed my own fast charge cable.
I spent the first month without a home charger so used the granny charger (3 pin) all that time , takes about 10 hours to charge from empty over night but usually will be charged up with in 5 hrs if not charging from empty. Remember everytime you are home you are in a 'petrol station'
However if you want to use the polar AC stations in various places such as restaurants etc it maybe worth getting a fast charge AC cable.

Very happy with the car as it seems reliable and is very practical if you need to transport a lot of stuff.
The ride is a bit soft maybe but I like that.
Make sure you haggle to get floor mats and/or a fast charge cable thrown in the deal if buying new.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The YouTube rust video was for an earlier ice zs, even then it was only superficial. It's not a known problem on the ev. Lots of people have been keeping an eye out for it and nothing has materialised.

You need a 7kw (30 amp) male to female type 2 cable to utilise many public chargers and for a home fast charger.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Winter (heaters) motorway range Is 93.5 miles.
(42.5x 2.2)

summertime motorway at 70mph is 127 miles range for me. I drive at 60mph because of this.

I’ve not seen any rust and I don’t have a charging cable. My home charger and rapid chargers are tethered. I’ve not regretted this decision once.

I used to recommend eZS to anyone who didn’t have regular journeys over 150 miles. Now I would say watch out for dodgy software and poor customer service. It’s cheap and cheerful but without the cheerful.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't expect more than 100 winter miles and 125 summer miles at 70mph. It is possible to get more if you are smooth and take even a few mph off your top speed, but it could be even worse under heavy acceleration and braking (like any ev).

Not noticed any rust on mine.

A 7kW cable is worth having. I have never needed more than 5m.

The car does what I need it to do and offers good value for the size, performance and quality IMHO.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Get a MG 5 instead.

Longer range and far more practical. Not being rude, but an MG ZS isn’t the most stylish car, so given the only reason to get one over the 5 is the “suv” style, I’d save the money and go MG5 instead. These are about £20k new with discount or £21500 for the Exclusive which is nicer inside.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
MG5 is a much older vehicle underneath. Not only is the ZS adapted for European markets with driver convenience and safety features like ACC/autosteer and AEB, but it’s also been NCAP tested.

The MG5 won’t have any of these things until the face lift.

You’ll save £5k but you might die 😆

Reactions: lee graham

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts