Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Big Smoke…
Saturday June 27 2015 (Round 10) and Sunday June 28 2015 (Round 11).

Slightly longer track than most and looks nice and curvy... This could be a fun weekend for those lucky enough to be going. :D

Official website: 2015 FIA Formula E - London ePrix
Timetable: London Timetable - Official FIA Formula E Championship
Circuit Guide: London Circuit - Official FIA Formula E Championship
Digital Programme: FIA Formula E 2015 London ePrix

UK TV

Saturday
11:30 - 13:15 ITV4 Qualifying
15:00 - 17:30 ITV4 Race

Sunday
11:30 - 13:15 ITV1 Qualifying
15:00 - 17:45 ITV1 Race
Map Plan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Should be a good two races - 50 points up to be grabbed for first places, 6 from grabbing pole on both races and also 4 for getting 2 fastest laps, so in theory some one could grab 60 points if they did all. So any of the top six could win it.. even Sam Bird back in 6th who has 68 points, could match Nelsons current 128, however if he did he would have 3 wins to Nelsons 2, so would "win". However If Nelson wins on Saturday , even without a pole or FL, he is then the season 1 winner as Lucas could not pull back the points he would need. I'd love to see Seb grab a win and that would then have Sunday as Nelson, Lucas or Seb in a fight for win and championship. I do hope the result is not decided by the FIA's often heavy handed points / penalties.

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
It's all a bit arcane -- FWIW somewhat sybaritically I have indulged in a standing platform on Sunday -- still standing but supposedly above the common e-herd. No clear idea where it is, but it must be somewhere over on the west side as I have to come in via Gate 5.

Such a shame they missed the opportunity to provide privileged access for EV drivers!

I shall in any case be there incognito, on my bike..

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I'm somewhere on the somewhat ostentatiously monikered "Gold Platform" on Sunday, on the clock, but not branded... :sick:

Reactions: Paul

·
Militant EV driver!
4,942 Posts
I'm there on Sunday. Unreserved standing on platform 6 by gate 5. Pity it turns out that's the opposite side to the pits.

I had an email on May 11th saying the tickets weren't ready to print. Then nothing. It was only because of this thread I decided to log in and lo and behold it's an e-ticket. Bit of a shambles really.

I shall be coming by EV. The 200 metre long sort with South West Trains painted on the side.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
still yet to plan my journey. Options are train from home - but not there until 1045 (local sunday service), a local drive/station (more ££/parking) - 9am, guildford (cheaper/parental parking/30 min walk/830) or drive much closer to london. I even thought of westfield? Other than richmond any other good places to park & get train/tube from the south/west ?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Just attended the LowCVP Press Conference, and Alejandro had lots to say about the future of the series:

- two major OEMs about to join, one to be announced this weekend
- FormulaE has the licence for Hydrogen racing from the FIA - eligible for series as power delivery can be kept separate from power source
- Tesla were approached last year about joining, Elon wished them well but indicated he was concentrating on Model III

Reactions: MetalHead and Paul

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Press release just in today, thought I'd share here… :D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Race car Sports car

• Double-header sees the inaugural FIA Formula E Championship season come to a close
  • Battersea Park, London is the setting for the exciting finale
The first ever season of the FIA Formula E Championship reaches its conclusion this weekend in London. In the heart of Battersea Park, the double-header will see six drivers fight to become the first Champion of the category. Among the contenders, the two members of the e.dams-Renault team will be going all out not only to win the drivers’ championship but also to secure the Teams’ title for the French outfit.

After two years of work and intense racing, the outcome of the very first FIA Formula E Championship is about to be decided. Throughout the last twelve months, the 40 Spark-Renault SRT01_E – the architecture of which is supervised by Renaultsport – have demonstrated their qualities.

Reflecting the fairness with which all the competitors have been treated, no fewer than six drivers are still in with a chance of winning the title in London. Nelson Piquet (Nextev TCR) holds the advantage, but both e.dams-Renault drivers will be making a final push for glory in the UK capital.

Currently third and fourth in the championship standings, Sébastien Buemi and Nicolas Prost can also secure the title for Renaultsport’s team partner in race one.

The racing may be all the more intense for the fact that the final round is being held in the capital city widely regarded as the model pupil in Europe in terms of the deployment of public charging points. All the drivers will therefore be looking to shine ahead of the summer break, which will be dominated by preparations for the entry of rival manufacturers next season.

Designed by the architect Simon Gibbons, the track will use the existing tarmac roads in the heart of Battersea Park. It covers 2,922 metres and will be driven in anti-clockwise direction. The competitors will start just a stone’s throw from the Thames before lapping the park and the boating lake, with a technical mix of fast straights, high-speed corners and challenging chicanes and braking points. The races will feature 29 laps on both Saturday and Sunday.

On track, the Renault Electric Show will provides plenty of thrills and spills as four Renault ZOEs and three Renault Twizys perform some impressive moves whilst the public can also meet Sébastien Buemi and Nicolas Prost in the eVillage. Fans can also give their favourite driver a little extra support by voting for them in the FanBoost or by heading for the dedicated event on the Renault stand, alongside vehicles from the Z.E. range, the face-painting stand and the electric track. Lastly, as a support race, London schools will be competing against one another in the final installation of the Formula E School Series.

“London is the final home straight and there will be a lot of pressure on everyone’s shoulders,” commented Jean-Pascal Dauce, Director of Motorsport, Renault Sport Technologies. “We have worked over many months to ensure that all the drivers and teams are treated equally and that will be the case again this weekend. We have helped to establish a good competitive environment for fair and exciting racing throughout the season and we’re looking forward to living this finale on this truly motorsport ground.”

Land vehicle Vehicle Race car Formula libre Car

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Extra travel advisory - Waterloo East station is closed, no trains running to Charing Cross or Cannon Street. All travel from South/Southeast London has to be via Victoria I.e past the venue, over the river, to join every single other person attending from every other part of the country, to go back from where you've just come from. Well played Network Rail/SE Trains...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Oh, while I think of it, Mr Agag also described the noise test that allowed FormulaE to run at Battersea Park. They took a car there at 4am one day last summer, and ran it around the locked park at full speed at 5am - the rule was: "anyone wakes up, you can't race". And here we are.

·
Registered
9,231 Posts
Extra travel advisory - Waterloo East station is closed, no trains running to Charing Cross or Cannon Street. All travel from South/Southeast London has to be via Victoria I.e past the venue, over the river, to join every single other person attending from every other part of the country, to go back from where you've just come from. Well played Network Rail/SE Trains...
Just about all trains to Victoria go via Clapham Junction. You should be able to change there for trains to Battersea Park or Queenstown Road.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.