Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Well that was a way to end the 1st race!!!! Oops, Mr Prost!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Heidfeld looks furious - and rightly so, it appears. Great testament to safety though.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Heidfeld looks furious - and rightly so, it appears. Great testament to safety though.
Glad he walked away, TBH I was expecting him to need the medical / rescue car to be involved, not for him to wriggle out and run over and almost punch Prost.

One positive thing to come out of it is hopefully it puts to bed the myth EVs cars will burst into uncontrollable fires in the event of a minor bump!

·
Super Moderator
7,504 Posts
More info would have been good, and I didn't see Robert Llewellyn at all?

Good camera work on the cars, the rear facing view is interesting.

The driver swaps weren't covered in detail, but they really look like they will cause accidents :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Won't spoil things for those that haven't seen it, bit of a slow start but well worth watching to the end...

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna (2016)
113 Posts
people who haven't watched it yet should avoid all human contact until they had a chance to catch-up in peace! :)

great race and most certainly an exciting one. shame about the crappy graphics (especially that performance thing) - undecipherable for me even on a large TV.

my kids loved it and my daughter is somewhat encouraged by two female drivers taking part - she can't wait to go racing one day soon ;D

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thought it a bit dull overall (apart from the obvious). Hope the other circuits are more interesting.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Pitstop seemed all a bit casual and a bit odd?

Nice location for the circuit, but the course itself feels a little "safe".

Music is a bit weird and readout with all the live driving data a little fussy and unclear. Not a bad start so far for a real high-pressure high profile new series.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna (2016)
113 Posts
Hope the other circuits are more interesting.
agreed, i hope others will be more like Monaco f1 rather than this somewhat uninspired circuit.

it felt slow compared to f1, but then i shouldn't compare it! more overtaking and i think in the future a lot more exciting strategy ;D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well, what a dramatic finish to the first race.

Bit of a poor judgement by Prost. From watching the replay it's hard to see how he didn't see the front of Heidfeld's car along side him, but good to see no-one hurt.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Don't watch this if you don't know the result and want to watch the race.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
How long do we set spoiler limits for? I think we can discuss live from now on in to be honest.

Just for this one I'll spoiler this...

That was outrageous by Prost. Yes in review he may say he wouldn't do it, could say it was an accident, but in the heat of the moment he lost it and that could have been very, VERY nasty.

On the plus side, nothing exploded or set on fire and everyone walked (or rand angrily) away from it well.

Very interesting racing, more interesting than exciting, but very positive start and I can see this going on to be a winner.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts