Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #4
That was good. My daughter (age 6) was cheering for the winner from about half way through the race, so she's pleased.

Another big bump into a wall right near the end again. :eek:

Super Moderator
Yeah, it seems crashes may be a permenant feature for an all street circuit series.

Some interesting bits and pieces, like struggling with thermal management of the batteries and the motor controller, the controller somehow pulling 5kw too much during qualifying (not sure how this is the drivers fault!), the fan boost being equally very important and totally useless, and one driver finishing on 2% battery! :eek:

Wonder if he had the turtle?:D

Registered
Just watched... another good race IMO. Fanboost made a bit of difference this time for one of the drivers (Senna).

Now, the burning question is: Rosberg or Hamilton? Another thread perhaps...

Registered
Just watched... another good race IMO. Fanboost made a bit of difference this time for one of the drivers (Senna).
Yep, it helped him into the wall :p

Registered
Yep, it helped him into the wall :p
I know you are just joking but it isn't a joke IMO. People criticise the fanboost and say it won't make any difference in the race and yet 2nd race and it is already making a difference. He wasn't using fanboost when he went into the wall. He used it to make a pass and without it he may not have made it.

I love it and now they have energy stores of a decent size in F1 I'd like to see it in F1 and perhaps Le Mans.

It is a great way to engage the younger fans (not that F1 needs them according to Bernie - what a plonker he is).

Super Moderator
Yet we saw (I think it was ) Legge deploy it and there was no visible advantage. Be interesting to see how it develops over time!

Registered
Yet we saw (I think it was ) Legge deploy it and there was no visible advantage. Be interesting to see how it develops over time!
She was already way behind so she was just throwing it in because she had it so she might as well. Senna demonstrated that it is essentially a tactical tool (preferentially awarded to those with famous surnames it seems) that can make a difference if deployed with care.

Super Moderator
IMO Fan boost is a silly gimick bit like double point at Abu Dhabi in the F1, it should be completely down to the team, car and driver combo

Registered
I love Motorsport and must say I really enjoy watching this series. I like that they are adjusting and tweeting the formula on the fly too. That parade lap on the first race was crazy slow! I suspect the Monaco and London races will generate some good publicity.

On a side note I really wanted to see the Nissan zeod do well at this years Le Mans, was great to see it whoosh by trackside.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts