Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1,544 Posts
Same here... The Fiat 500e is a great little car. It's the closest thing to the Roadster in terms of size and "fun to drive" factor for me. (Chevy Spark comes in a distant second). It's performance is so much better than the ICE Fiat 500s.

·
1,544 Posts
Here's a direct link to my Flickr Gallery of Fiat 500es...

This WAS one of my choices for Active E replacements before we got the Roadster for my wife and I ended up with the Model S.

·
1,544 Posts
I wonder if you could fit one on a trailer pulled by an Outlander PHEV...
You can fit the TWO that you wanted to buy... It's a fun little drive. Better than a lot of EVs, sadly no DC charging, but at least a 6.6kW charger, so it does up to 32A of Level 2 (I think you guys call that a Type 2). The Spark EV only does 3.3kW, so limited to 16A.

·
1,544 Posts
It's unfortunate. EVEN without access to Level 3 charging, it's a great little car. (a la the Roadster). If Fiat decided to build it and price it properly it can be a "win - win" for both the company and consumers. As opposed to bemoaning "we're losing $10,000 per vehicle". The California ARB rules were written to force a minimum number of clean air vehicles to be produced so that the manufacturer can sell "regular" cars in the state, Fiat could have skipped the Fiat 500e AND the California market altogether.

I know that there is an alliance between Renault and Nissan, but there is a reason why Renault isn't selling cars in the US (aside from the fact that I only remember "Le Car" as the only Renaults to be sold around here from decades ago.) Anyone know the reason? I'd like to check out a Twizy!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts

·
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
That never stopped Jensen building cars ;)
Or Toyota with their forthcoming Mirai. Heard it's reported to cost $120k to build and they're selling them (whenever that is) for $60k.

Shame some manufacturers don't play ball with regard to low/zero emission vehicles. Just look at the Ford Focus EV; it could be as good as the e-Golf, costs the same, looks like a normal car but is barely marketed and has sold 19 since release in late 2013!?! Apparently it's not a bad car and got some good reviews when 'released'. It just appears Ford have absolutely zero intention selling them.

FORD FOCUS ELECTRIC - How Many Left?

Ford Focus Electric first drive

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
The Focus platform was not developed with electric in mind so the battery is mounted in a great lump behind the rear seats. It's high up so you don't get the weight distribution advantage in cornering.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts