Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Hilton Park Northbound using one of the new GridServe chargers on CCS with my ID.3 and was filmed by a pair of freelancers who had a commission from the BBC's The One Show. It was not really an interview, as I was asked a question, and I had to answer with a full sentence, so that the questioner was not recorded. We spent nearly 30 minutes doing a few retakes thanks to disruptive diesel trucks and I used a few inappropriate terms (ie YouTube rather than the internet). I expect that 30mins will reduce to 3 mins tops. But I expect that they will get some other people filmed.

I'm intrigued as to how they will edit my responses into the story they want to tell. I am suspicious as some of the questions were a bit leading and negative. For example about local garages and mechanics being out of business with EVs; usual stuff about public charging. As a 3 year BEV owner, I was positive and yet not naive. For example on the local garages, I said that it was an opportunity for some to be prepare. On the public charging, then I said that I plan ahead, but I would have done such things in the past with an ICE - ie Sunday opening, or shut after 8pm (like my local petrol station).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interestingly (or not) we have just left Mollies Diner at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. We started a charge on one of the new Gridserve chargers there and were asked if we minded moving to an end charger as they were starting filming there.

Chatting to one of the actors (?) Whilst they were setting up and she said that one of the guys we were chatting to was the owner of Gridserve.

Sadly we aren't in the film.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50
248 Posts
TV interviewers record lots of material and broadcast a very small snippet. They make it say whatever they want to be said. It will be interesting for you to see what they used out of what they filmed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts