Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been living with a supply shared between 3 houses on a single 80 amp 1 phase connection

even though we had 2 chargers in and the DNO changed us to a 100amp fuse 3 years ago

voltage was dipping to 190 volts with car on charge.

They have arrived today to dig up the road and we have been told as we have 2 32amp chargers and an ASHP they are fitting us a full fat 3 phase supply to guarantee stability

luckily next door but one got an EV and the only way he can get a charger is with the upgrade as the supply runs up his drive which needed digging up. I doubt without the incentive of needing a charger themselves this would ever have been agreed to

the daughters Zoe will love that as will upgrade her charger to 22kw
May even treat the Tesla to a 3 phase charger as well so it can charge at 11kw

going to be easier now to make use of those lovely cheap overnight hours

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
713 Posts
Just out of interest will you have to pay for the new supply? I know UK Power Networks like to try and future proof the network when they can.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 RWD
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of interest will you have to pay for the new supply? I know UK Power Networks like to try and future proof the network when they can.
no it’s all being done free of charge (apart from upgrading the chargers to three phase of course)

must say hats off to Western Power. They have been very easy to deal with since the initial issue was reported and got things done quickly and kept us well informed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts