Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered at the start of August, built September 14th, arrived in the UK almost 2 weeks ago, and finally got to me today. Yellow GT Premium, I added the Sunroof, Wireless Charger & Auto parking options, so, almost a full spec sheet.

Arrived with no wireless charging and the wrong (!) interior, I believe this darker interior with no blue stitching is supposed to be for the Petrol GT models, I was warned about both these things when I ordered, although after it was built I was told they hadn't been informed of anything missing, or any substitutions. I actually prefer this darker interior and the green only stitching so not complaining about that, lack of wireless charging is a bummer, but this is 2021! I'm also fairly certain I have been stiffed on the carpet mats, which I'm sure should say GT on them and be a little... fancier.

The sunroof is lovely, glad I ordered it, especially since I tried 4 different dealerships and no one could show me a car with it.

Haven't found any other missing bits on it yet, still need to try out the parking assist, and active cruise control, if I can figure them out.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car seat cover

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Car Window Automotive tire

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congratulations

About the wireless charging. That is not even an option any more in Sweden and I read in articles that several car manufacturers is cutting down on tech in the cars now due to the chip shortage in the world and specifically wireless charging as one thing mentioned, but since you ordered it with wireless charging, you should have them fix that for you.

For me, I have to live without it, no big deal, but it would have been nice since I soon will get a wireless Android auto dongle to use AA without hooking it up with cable.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
3,024 Posts
Ordered at the start of August, built September 14th, arrived in the UK almost 2 weeks ago, and finally got to me today. Yellow GT Premium, I added the Sunroof, Wireless Charger & Auto parking options, so, almost a full spec sheet.

Arrived with no wireless charging and the wrong (!) interior, I believe this darker interior with no blue stitching is supposed to be for the Petrol GT models, I was warned about both these things when I ordered, although after it was built I was told they hadn't been informed of anything missing, or any substitutions. I actually prefer this darker interior and the green only stitching so not complaining about that, lack of wireless charging is a bummer, but this is 2021! I'm also fairly certain I have been stiffed on the carpet mats, which I'm sure should say GT on them and be a little... fancier.

The sunroof is lovely, glad I ordered it, especially since I tried 4 different dealerships and no one could show me a car with it.

Haven't found any other missing bits on it yet, still need to try out the parking assist, and active cruise control, if I can figure them out.

View attachment 151169
View attachment 151170
View attachment 151171
View attachment 151172
View attachment 151173

Wow! That's eye-catching!!

My better half would never allow us to have a car that colour. Very envious!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations

About the wireless charging. That is not even an option any more in Sweden and I read in articles that several car manufacturers is cutting down on tech in the cars now due to the chip shortage in the world and specifically wireless charging as one thing mentioned, but since you ordered it with wireless charging, you should have them fix that for you.

For me, I have to live without it, no big deal, but it would have been nice since I soon will get a wireless Android auto dongle to use AA without hooking it up with cable.
I would, however in this case it was discussed so I was well aware of the possibility. They told me they had moved it to an option instead of standard kit to minimize people ordering it, but it may still not arrive in which case I could decline the vehicle, or they will simply refund the cost of the option, since I wasn't too bothered about it (phone is plugged in for Android auto anyway) I'll just take the refund.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, I actually ordered this colour blind, like the sunroof there was nothing in this colour in any local dealerships to see, so it was a bit of a leap in the dark. However, after 5 1/2 years of driving a white car and wishing it was bright (Mazda refuse to put out any exciting colours) I figured what the hell and the bonus was that it was free.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know, I actually ordered this colour blind, like the sunroof there was nothing in this colour in any local dealerships to see, so it was a bit of a leap in the dark. However, after 5 1/2 years of driving a white car and wishing it was bright (Mazda refuse to put out any exciting colours) I figured what the hell and the bonus was that it was free.
I ordered my e-208 GT in the beginning of this week. Yellow looked really good, but a color I have never had and not dared to get so far and not this time either, but at least I moved away from black and got the blue one. Looks really good as well. My current car is also a Peugeot, black and the car before that a grey one, so I needed some color this time.

·
Registered
2021 Peugeot E-208
107 Posts
Must admit the seat look a better choice with them colours
I was relieved when mine turned up with the dark seats, was dreading the light ones as I can’t keep the things clean. Had an Audi once with so called ‘silver’ leather (read: white) and it was a nightmare to keep clean - swore then to never have a car with light seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was relieved when mine turned up with the dark seats, was dreading the light ones as I can’t keep the things clean. Had an Audi once with so called ‘silver’ leather (read: white) and it was a nightmare to keep clean - swore then to never have a car with light seats.
Interesting, I wonder if this is a new spec change that will become standard, but for now, none of the promo materials have been updated. Seat fabric does seem to be an odd thing to have a shortage of.

·
Registered
2021 Peugeot E-208
107 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if this is a new spec change that will become standard, but for now, none of the promo materials have been updated. Seat fabric does seem to be an odd thing to have a shortage of.
The dealer told me mine would come with the light Alcantara fabric but luckily it didn’t. I love that the green stitching matches the green illumination.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
You didn’t get the car you ordered and you kept it?

I’d be getting a refund and a different brand 🤣

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You didn’t get the car you ordered and you kept it?

I’d be getting a refund and a different brand 🤣
"Sometimes car-less, " - I see why.

I ordered a car nearly 3 months ago, was advised of this possibility, it arrived with something I didn't care about missing and something else replaced with an option I prefer. Yes... of course I kept it, if I wanted a vehicle from a different brand I would have ordered from them in the first place.

·
Registered
2021 Peugeot E-208
107 Posts
I could not even choose color on mine... strange. Is it a lottery?
I asked the dealer what was available from stock around the country. My preferred colour was blue and he advised that there was a blue one due to arrive in the UK soon. I went away to think about it and when it was still available I put in the order. If I’d wanted to add any factory options then I would be waiting an unknown time. As the only option I might have gone for (11kW OBC) was discussed muchly on here, I went for the available blue car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I asked the dealer what was available from stock around the country. My preferred colour was blue and he advised that there was a blue one due to arrive in the UK soon. I went away to think about it and when it was still available I put in the order. If I’d wanted to add any factory options then I would be waiting an unknown time. As the only option I might have gone for (11kW OBC) was discussed muchly on here, I went for the available blue car.

I'm assuming Bejje meant an option for the interior colour? In which case, no there shouldn't be an option, the GT e208 should come with the two-tone seats with blue/green stitching, but I'm assuming to keep production going, they are doing some substitutions, the likely explanation is that e208 demand is a higher % of the vehicles than they originally forecast for and thus they have an abundance of parts specced for the petrol cars, and are running low on EV specific trim.

So in this case, yes, its a bit of a lottery, may also be based on specific build time, my dealer told me about it when I ordered, perhaps if your dealer didn't and you ordered recently, that means they expect the issue to be resolved in 2 months time when yours hits the factory (going off how long it took mine from order to be built).

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
The interior looks correct to me - grey with yellow stitching

and then dark headlining is the best and the luxury option

love the sun roof

wireless charging was not on mine after (but had been on my previous GT Line) so I was gutted tbh

I’m looking to retrofit one just using the USB-C

JJ

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Wow! That's eye-catching!!

My better half would never allow us to have a car that colour. Very envious!
my missus hates my yellow one - meh!

she only likes red or black cars and she doesn’t even see the shape of the car

JJ

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The interior looks correct to me - grey with yellow stitching

and then dark headlining is the best and the luxury option

love the sun roof

wireless charging was not on mine after (but had been on my previous GT Line) so I was gutted tbh

I’m looking to retrofit one just using the USB-C

JJ
Do the lower specs not have the dark grey headlining? I have only ever seen GT.

What's the plan for the wireless charging pad, replace the tray that's in there with another one, with a small wireless charger built in, that's trivial, but will you just have the cable sticking out and plugged into the USB C, or do you intend to hide the wiring somehow?

I'm going to be attempting to follow your dashcam installation instructions tomorrow, so lets hope that goes well.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I'm going to be attempting to follow your dashcam installation instructions tomorrow, so lets hope that goes well.
there are some bits you don’t have to remove (like the a pillar trim etc)

once you have the glove box out and the door rubber you will see how easy it is

JJ

1 - 20 of 50 Posts