Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been various other related threads in the past but I don't really want to stop and look for one at the moment.

I'd really like to know where my car is this morning. It may be at a recovery operator's compound near Durham (where I 'found' it yesterday lunchtime) or (hopefully !) has already arrived at Looker's workshop in Gateshead and someone has started work on it. As of a few seconds ago, I'm getting no hint of battery status and FMC will tell me where it was yesterday but won't update.

For an explanation of why it's there, see
Service EV system - HELP

All I really need from this thread is for someone to tell me whether or not they've been able to use the 'MyGarage' (or preferably 'Find my Car' but that's always a bit iffy) page(s) this morning.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
One problem I found with the app is that sometimes the car can't connect to the service and nothing works.
But most days it works fine.
Happens more often when I park too close to the house then I can't connect, park it 2m away from the house and works fine.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks both.

Still not working for my car which (hopefully !) means it's moved away from the recovery compound so ought now to be in Gateshead - maybe even with battery disconnected.

BTW, I usually find that You+Nissan works fine and generally lets me log into 'MyGarage' where the battery state is usually displayed without problems then initiates an SMS telling me the same. But today I log into 'MyGarage' and then nothing else happens.

'FindMyCar' is always decidedly iffy ! Usually no problem to see where car was last time I checked but there's a 50:50 chance that the update will work or put up a message "Try again Later" (in which case 'later' stands a good chance of working 30secs later). Today there's been no updates at all - not even attempts.

All consistent with car being offline - which might even indicate it's being worked on.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Afraid I didn't bother updating this thread when I found car again last night and I've been out all day today.

I was considerably cheered by post #2 confirming that the FMC page was working OK.

·
Leaf 2
10 Posts
Hi All, I have had an email from nissan customer service saying that the find you car service is being discontinued. I emailed customer services, who replied ( really quickly) saying that they knew nothing about this, but would let me know if they discovered it was true, so far I have not heard a thing surprise, surprise. I will attempt to upload the original email for you all to see.
Regards Iain

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've not had an email like Iain's but have just tried looking at the You+Nissan page. It doesn't seem the same as I've been used to : no sign of find my car at all and I can't even see the current state of my battery etc. Possible it's just having an(other !!) 'off day' but it could be confirmation of the content of that email - albeit 29 days early.

I'll try again later.

·
Leaf 2
10 Posts
Hi Eric, mine is still working at present, I will keep you up to date after the cut off date, or if I receive any info from Nissan.
Regards Iain

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All, I have had an email from nissan customer service saying that the find you car service is being discontinued. I emailed customer services, who replied ( really quickly) saying that they knew nothing about this, but would let me know if they discovered it was true, so far I have not heard a thing surprise, surprise. I will attempt to upload the original email for you all to see.
I have also had this email a few days ago.The wife is pleased find a car is being discontinued she is fed up me telling her where she has been.

·
Leaf 2
10 Posts
I have now had a tracker fitted. So that should keep my insurers happy. I told them that Nissan were withdrawing the find my car service, and I was informed that unless my car had a tracker service they would not want to cover my car!!! So can I suggest folks that you all have a chat with you insurers.
Iain

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If this is for real why hasn’t Nissan contacted me? I checked it just now and it still worked and the car is where I left it (on my drive!).

I never told my insurance company it was fitted with a tracker, as it isn’t because in theory you need to agree to send the information and a tea leaf would be unlikely to do that :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: EricM

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If this is for real why hasn’t Nissan contacted me? I checked it just now and it still worked and the car is where I left it (on my drive!).

I never told my insurance company it was fitted with a tracker, as it isn’t because in theory you need to agree to send the information and a tea leaf would be unlikely to do that :ROFLMAO:
I agree. No email about it received either.

Not checked it today but have done several times since these reports first appeared. Some days it's worked perfectly; other days not at all; sometimes the app is better than the PC version; others vice versa. All in all, exactly like it's been for the last 15 months.

Could it be that the emails are another 'software error' - just like the spurious recall notice I and several others see when opening You+ ?

·
Leaf 2
10 Posts
I just did not want to take the risk of not being insured, the tracker I had fitted was completed by a friend, whose business is fitting these devices.
I will continue to check "find my car" and keep you all appraised.
Iain

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just did not want to take the risk of not being insured, the tracker I had fitted was completed by a friend, whose business is fitting these devices.
I will continue to check "find my car" and keep you all appraised.
Iain
which tracker did you fit?
cheers

·
Leaf 2
10 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I have been away for 2 weeks. I have no idea of the brand of tracker. I will check with the fitter and get back to you.
Iain

·
Leaf 2
10 Posts
My find my car app disappeared from my phone app, just as Nissan had said. I now have a peculiar journey planning app in its place. Has this happenend to everyone else?
Iain

1 - 20 of 57 Posts