Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I don't know what's going on here, after updating to the new app find my car has worked perfectly.
Everything else is also really stable and connects and updates faster.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I don't know what's going on here, after updating to the new app find my car has worked perfectly.
Everything else is also really stable and connects and updates faster.
But you have a ‘19 model car.

Us mere mortals with pre ‘19 cars have lost that facility 😀

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

I'm not sure that's actually the case !

At the moment, I'm unable to use 'Find My Car' from either the app or from the You+Nissan webpage. However, the webpage seems unable to connect to the car at all - due to a 'technical fault' - although the FAQs do still refer to FMC. The app is similarly handicapped. But both FMC routes were working a few days ago and I've still never had the email message about FMC withdrawal that others report.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
My find my car app disappeared from my phone app, just as Nissan had said. I now have a peculiar journey planning app in its place. Has this happenend to everyone else?
Iain
Ah I have just looked and have the same. It takes you to a web address and it looks like the same journey planning app that is on the You+Nissan web site. I have always used that to plan longer journeys which I then download to the car. With judicious use of waypoints you can tailor the route exactly as you want it. It's really useful.

If they have ported it to the phone then that could be really handy, though I will probably stick to journey planning on my PC with a decently sized screen :)

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

It would seem so. But given that the FMC being withdrawn was intimated as being down to regulation or such like then it doesn't follow it is still active on the new app and cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ridiculous, no warning (if I hadn't read the forums I would have never known they would remove this functionality), no reason why, still available on Leaf e+ but all other Leafs now must miss this functionality. One of the reasons I got the Leaf was the fact that it came with an app that would allow me to see where the car was, so I didn't have to install a tracker system for the insurance company. Another reason never to buy from Nissan again.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Ridiculous, no warning (if I hadn't read the forums I would have never known they would remove this functionality), no reason why, still available on Leaf e+ but all other Leafs now must miss this functionality. One of the reasons I got the Leaf was the fact that it came with an app that would allow me to see where the car was, so I didn't have to install a tracker system for the insurance company. Another reason never to buy from Nissan again.
It's still available on the newer 40s.
Certainly active on my N Connecta.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Another reason never to buy from Nissan again.
Have you checked what other manufacturers provide this facility? It would be interesting if you were to post a list, and which your preferred replacement manufacturer would be.

I got the impression it was due to some obscure GDPR requirement.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
. . . I got the impression it was due to some obscure GDPR requirement.
Surely, if as Electrician says, it is still available on the most recent models it can't be related to GDPR. Although of course GDPR gets blamed for all sorts of arbitrary decisions that are completely independent of anything they actually say.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Have you the Android version or iphone? If it is Android, what version of the app do you have? I'm on 3.3.0 with no find your car.
Yes Android. Details shown in the screenshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
That's a completely different app to the rest of us. This is mine:

View attachment 121918
P.S. How are you doing screenshots? The only way I could find with this new forum software is to click on the image icon.
I believe it is a different app but again, as has been mentioned, it makes a mockery of using GDPR as an excuse.

As to the screenshots, I do them on my phone and then click the paperclip to add an attachment. For all its faults this new forum shell seems easier to add pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you checked what other manufacturers provide this facility? It would be interesting if you were to post a list, and which your preferred replacement manufacturer would be.
One of the reasons I went for the Nissan was the included Find My Car functionality. I have no idea which other manufacturers provide this functionality. But removing functionality that was advertised and that I paid for, combined with the dramatically lower driving range than advertised and rapidgate making long trips take twice as long as with a regular car, will definitely steer me away from Nissan in the future.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
One of the reasons I went for the Nissan was the included Find My Car functionality. I have no idea which other manufacturers provide this functionality. But removing functionality that was advertised and that I paid for, combined with the dramatically lower driving range than advertised and rapidgate making long trips take twice as long as with a regular car, will definitely steer me away from Nissan in the future.
How many times does the range thing need explaining? Nissan, as did every other manufacturer put the car through the NEDC test. They then reported the figures achieved. This was a legal requirement in the EU and the only test that they could do and quote. The test was shite, everyone knows that but they were bound by EU regulations.
The other stuff fair enough but FFS is it hard to understand the NEDC bit?
Just like loads of cars couldn't be sold recently because they hadn't under gone the new WLTP test. Blame the regulators not the manufacturers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How many times does the range thing need explaining? Nissan, as did every other manufacturer put the car through the NEDC test. They then reported the figures achieved. This was a legal requirement in the EU and the only test that they could do and quote. The test was shite, everyone knows that but they were bound by EU regulations.
I don't need that explained, but what I do FFS need explained is why the Leaf uses significantly more energy than for example the Hyundai Ionic or the Tesla Model 3 at the same speed and circumstances. We have all three here at work and did a comparison driving the same stretch and at the same speed. We found that the Leaf is much less energy economic than the Ionic and Model 3, especially on motorways. The differences are huge. When driving on the motorway and driving along with traffic (max speed here is 130km/h in most places), my 40kWh Leafs range is around 150 km max. Which makes the Leaf for longer distances completely unsuitable for me, unless I spend my time idling behind a truck or lorry at 85km/h, which increases my trip duration by almost half.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I don't need that explained, but what I do FFS need explained is why the Leaf uses significantly more energy than for example the Hyundai Ionic or the Tesla Model 3 at the same speed and circumstances. We have all three here at work and did a comparison driving the same stretch and at the same speed. We found that the Leaf is much less energy economic than the Ionic and Model 3, especially on motorways. The differences are huge. When driving on the motorway and driving along with traffic (max speed here is 130km/h in most places), my 40kWh Leafs range is around 150 km max. Which makes the Leaf for longer distances completely unsuitable for me, unless I spend my time idling behind a truck or lorry at 85km/h, which increases my trip duration by almost half.
You said you don't need that explained but your initial comment was "dramatically lower driving range than advertised". Now I see you have a 40kWh the NEDC thing doesn't apply.
I see most people are reporting the WLTP as pretty accurate.
As to why it's not as efficient as a M3 or Ioniq, the Model 3 is designed for high speed runs. The Ioniq is a master of efficiency. The Leaf is a Japanese design with generally lower top speeds on highways so it wasn't a priority.
The WLTP runs the cars at near to 130km/h for about 5 and s half minutes so that is not going to negatively affect the numbers particularly.
But I will say again they can only report the results of the legally required test. Is the test still flawed? Of course.
Maybe they should run from 100% to 0% at 130 and report the result. But it was developed for all vehicles so you could run an ICE for hours at 130.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts