Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
It’s a pathetic peculiar journey planning app, I gave it a try, just to satisfy my interest. I put in a route from the south coast where I live, to Leeds, West Yorkshire, it planned the route as Just as I would have planned the route, 270 miles. Via A34, M40, A43 and M1 and it suggest the best and most appropriate places to stop and charge the vehicle. The first stop after 100 miles was the “Little Chef” at Bicester, a level 2 charge that would take 5.5 hours, I could then proceed onwards and the next charge would a rapid charge at “Tibshelf service, M1” which would take 25 minutes. The final charge Of the journey would be the “Merrion Centre Leeds” that would take 25 minutes, total time for the journey 11.5 hours. (6 hours with rapid charging would be the norm)

It appears that the planner won’t suggest more than 2 rapid charges in 1 day. Might be something to do with the battery over heating due to the Leaf not having any active battery cooling.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
I was going to say I think this is the same as the You+Nissan journey planner, so I went there to see if it was possible to specify rapids only. However, I got this:

Clipboard01.jpg

:) Apart from this apparent glitch, I have used the You+Nissan planner on my PC for most of my long journeys: with judicious use of waypoints you can tweak the route to exactly how you want it. I rely on Zap-Map to plan my stops though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You+Nissan is now fixed (after doing the mandatory page refresh to bring up the planner of course). As I suspected there is an option to select rapid chargers only (which Nissan call "fast" for some reason).

View attachment 122205
And the online version is still saying "and even find your vehicle", only you can't. I really wish they would bring this back. Maybe Nissan doesn't want owners to check up on dealers and find where there car has been hidden or when your car has been used by the mechanic to nip home for lunch.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
And the online version is still saying "and even find your vehicle", only you can't. I really wish they would bring this back. Maybe Nissan doesn't want owners to check up on dealers and find where there car has been hidden or when your car has been used by the mechanic to nip home for lunch.

View attachment 122266
Can i ask when you online, i am guessing you mean PC based rather than phone app?
I have had a fleeting attempt at the web based one but gave up in no time.
The phone app is pretty stable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, that screen shot is from the PC based version. I use both versions (which might be why it gets confused sometimes).

I had a devil of a job getting either app working yesterday afternoon in this heat. I wanted to turn the air-con on to cool the car down a bit. I tried 15-20 times with no joy. Then 3-4 hours later (after I had been out in her) I got 3 phone notifications ping up and the air-con turned on. Was a bit late then.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Can i ask when you online, i am guessing you mean PC based rather than phone app?
I have had a fleeting attempt at the web based one but gave up in no time.
The phone app is pretty stable.
Can I ask why you gave up? The PC-based web site is excellent (in my experience of course), and, as I have said in other posts, with judicious use of waypoints you can tweak your route to exactly how you want it. Then just send the route to your car which you can then download before you set off.

Phone screens are far too small for this sort of application.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I will be honest and say it's me rather than the app. Username and password blindness. I could persue it but gave up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I will be honest and say it's me rather than the app. Username and password blindness. I could persue it but gave up.
At the moment, I'd be happy if just one of the methods would work. I can log in, but darned if I can get it to tell me my current charge or get the air-con to switch on before I go out. I can see me giving up on this car app before long. It is so hit and miss.

·
Registered
280 Posts
At the moment, I'd be happy if just one of the methods would work. I can log in, but darned if I can get it to tell me my current charge or get the air-con to switch on before I go out. I can see me giving up on this car app before long. It is so hit and miss.
Just tried the app on my I Phone, first time for days I have managed to get through the password wall, tried to use the climate control and battery state of charge, it came back with this:

"To use NISSAN Connect services yo need to register your user ID from the vehicle navigation system"

Do you know what, I think they are taking the "Michael" there in an office somewhere having a blo0dy good laugh.

One silver cloud, its still telling me by text when the car stops charging; so that's something.

I am thinking of, as a protest; pressing the "NO" button when it asks the question ever time I press the start button, but don't know what it would achieve.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Just tried it. I didn't have that problem on my Android phone. It logged in automatically, but the update to the battery state/whether plugged in or not just timed out after some whirly arrow action without updating the previous state.

I'm just guessing the servers are being overloaded with requests during this hot weather.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tried numerous occasions this afternoon when I posted previously to get air-con to come on. No joy, until 7.30pm when I got a notification and it switched the air-con on. Only 3½ hours too late.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Tried numerous occasions this afternoon when I posted previously to get air-con to come on. No joy, until 7.30pm when I got a notification and it switched the air-con on. Only 3½ hours too late.
Sounds more and more like server capacity unable to cope with the demand in this weather.

You were presumably in a long queue (at least they put you in a queue!)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds more and more like server capacity unable to cope with the demand in this weather.

You were presumably in a long queue (at least they put you in a queue!)
I think you are right @JeffG . I just tried earlier this morning (at 4.00am) and it came on within a few seconds.

I can't help thinking, if everyone didn't have to keep refreshing the page to get the map to load, they would cut the server load by half. I assume every time I refresh the page, it sends another request for the battery status. 😉

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
...I can't help thinking, if everyone didn't have to keep refreshing the page to get the map to load, they would cut the server load by half. I assume every time I refresh the page, it sends another request for the battery status. 😉
I agree. It's so annoying having to wait for all the stuff that you are not interested in to load before you can try and do the one quick and simple task you want to do.

Why they can't just have a quick loading menu asking you exactly it is you want to do, I don't know.

But then again, the whole Nissan LEAF satnav charging station update thing is abysmal anyway, so probably what we should expect from the rest of the online systems.

One of the big things you want from your in-car satnav is to know where the nearest charging station is. It can't even do that reliably (mainly because it is so out of date).

41 - 57 of 57 Posts