Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just updating to firmware 2019.40.2.1 now here in the UK on my LR FSD M3. Anyone else received this in the UK? Any thoughts?

Also, is there any detailed information (release notes) about this and other updates online? I know there is the Release Notes in the car itself once it finishes, but I just want to know more online.

Thanks

·
Striving for a greener planet
347 Posts
Think I’ve got it waiting as app says I have one pending but I’m at Butlin’s for the week. May head down to the car later and hotspot to get it installed
Same LR FSD M3

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just updating to firmware 2019.40.2.1 now here in the UK on my LR FSD M3. Anyone else received this in the UK? Any thoughts?

Also, is there any detailed information (release notes) about this and other updates online? I know there is the Release Notes in the car itself once it finishes, but I just want to know more online.

Thanks
Follow this link to see release notes of different software versions.

And this link to see a snapshot of the % of cars in which software version.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Follow this link to see release notes of different software versions.

And this link to see a snapshot of the % of cars in which software version.
Thanks Paulo. I knew about TeslaFi firmware, but TeslaScope's release notes are what I wanted and is very handy. So many thanks :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ok: WOW!

Just drove to work this morning with version 2019.40.2.1 and I've noticed a BIG Autopilot improvement!

Much smoother adjustments, rock solid on the Motorway, more assertive on A roads. Much closer to human steering now.

Don't think it's the placebo effect. Any of you felt the same?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Installed it this morning and just been out driving in the rain...the automatic wipers are AMAZING now, this is a game changer, worth the price of the car alone...OK I may be exaggerating slightly but they do now wipe when I want/expect them to and are better than the auto setting on any other car I've owned.

Also got the message in the release notes about increased charging speeds but didn't even hit 100kW at the supercharger. Battery was probably too cold.

·
Striving for a greener planet
347 Posts
Sitting in the car now installing. Probably shouldn’t do that. Not good for the nerves. Couple of very loud clunks, some medium clunks (contactors) and other bits whiting and whizzing away. Never been a fan of a clunk and there were 2 fairly big ones.
Edit: oh and I forgot to mention headlights going on and off

·
Registered
552 Posts
I downloaded the update this morning then drove 190 miles up the A1 in absolutely atrocious conditions. Wow what an improvement to both the wipers and autopilot. The wipers worked perfectly for about an hour then slowed down for some reason despite the conditions worsening. Ten mins on speed 4 then back to auto and they worked perfectly for rest of journey.
The auto pilot was incredible, I was passing wagons putting out that much spray that I could barely see the road but autopilot was rock solid. Normally it would shit itself and jam the brakes on every time a lorry was passed but today it graciously put a big orange steering wheel on the screen and handed control back to me and it only did this 3 times later in journey in the pitch black. The last time I drove this journey in the rain the car complained every few minutes about blind spot camera vision being impaired then shut down cruise control until it stopped raining.
The warnings have now changed and it tells you which camera has impaired vision, such as right fender camera, but the autopilot carries on regardless unless the front camera is swamped as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I downloaded the update this morning then drove 190 miles up the A1 in absolutely atrocious conditions. Wow what an improvement to both the wipers and autopilot. The wipers worked perfectly for about an hour then slowed down for some reason despite the conditions worsening. Ten mins on speed 4 then back to auto and they worked perfectly for rest of journey.
The auto pilot was incredible, I was passing wagons putting out that much spray that I could barely see the road but autopilot was rock solid. Normally it would shit itself and jam the brakes on every time a lorry was passed but today it graciously put a big orange steering wheel on the screen and handed control back to me and it only did this 3 times later in journey in the pitch black. The last time I drove this journey in the rain the car complained every few minutes about blind spot camera vision being impaired then shut down cruise control until it stopped raining.
The warnings have now changed and it tells you which camera has impaired vision, such as right fender camera, but the autopilot carries on regardless unless the front camera is swamped as far as I can tell.
This sounds really positive, I’ll get to test mine tomorrow during my daily 100 mile commute :)
Got to love Tesla for improving the cars.... :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Dammit. Just installed it but will be away from the Tesla until January. :(
FWIW for us AP2.0 MX crusties, wipers on 2019.40.2.1 is "amazeballs" even in low light conditions, lane changes is a bit faster on a 5mi stretch I've done, not done any real AP as of yet. Timed-charging worked well for me as well, full re-gen at set-off time and all.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,409 Posts
Got update and now wipers on auto operating too much so noisy, wonder if it will learn that from me having to turn off now instead of having to press the button before, wish they could just add human adjustment to the wheels on the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts