Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Updated mine the other day and yesterday was the first day I’d driven in some rain. Got to admit though, the wipers aren’t as great as a lot of you are making out? Don’t get me wrong, they are ALOT better, but I still had to press the button at the end of the stalk a few times for a single wipe (I’m also aware that this is now recorded and sent to improve the system) and then after a few minutes they got up to speed, then went crazy for the rest of the journey, even though the rain had pretty much stopped. I had to turn them off! It’s getting there though! Small steps and all that, and it can always be improved with a simple update

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well that’s just showing off, and I was excited to see 113 Kw. Didn’t last long so I’m not sure how much time it really saves.
On the other hand AP is much improved, good effort. I can actually use it without scaring the family too much now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Edit: oh and I forgot to mention headlights going on and off
Yeah I'd heard about this and confirmed it on my CCTV camera :)

The warnings have now changed and it tells you which camera has impaired vision, such as right fender camera, but the autopilot carries on regardless unless the front camera is swamped as far as I can tell.
So it was an update change then and not just me missing it before!

·
Registered
58 Posts
So my butt dyno told me there was another change since the 2019.40.2.1 update as I believe the battery is being pre-heated more aggressively in the SR+ at least. I knew there was some more pep to the car after starting my normal commute and it was because the battery pack was already at ~20 C. Previously it was ~15 C when setting out.

Screenshots taken from Scan My Tesla via an OBDII breakout cable + Bluetooth dongle installed in the rear of the console between the front seats.

First screenshot note the R Power is 3kw of energy being used to energise the rear motor which adds heat to the battery loop (Battery inlet). The Cell mid temp wasn't registering at this point so assume battery pack is ~1 C below Battery inlet. Battery power at -4.47 indicates only 4kw going to charge the pack.

Second screenshot 1 hr later and now the Cell mid temp (can't explain why it registered now) is 19 C and Battery power at -7.29 now indicates the battery is getting the full 7kw of charging. R power isn't registering (frustrating program) but I assume it's 0kw as the battery is getting the full 7kw from the wall charger.

Maybe a bug with Scan My Tesla but until I put the car in Drive the parameters don't always register on screen initially, usually I have 10.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So my butt dyno told me there was another change since the 2019.40.2.1 update as I believe the battery is being pre-heated more aggressively in the SR+ at least. I knew there was some more pep to the car after starting my normal commute and it was because the battery pack was already at ~20 C. Previously it was ~15 C when setting out.

Screenshots taken from Scan My Tesla via an OBDII breakout cable + Bluetooth dongle installed in the rear of the console between the front seats.

First screenshot note the R Power is 3kw of energy being used to energise the rear motor which adds heat to the battery loop (Battery inlet). The Cell mid temp wasn't registering at this point so assume battery pack is ~1 C below Battery inlet. Battery power at -4.47 indicates only 4kw going to charge the pack.

Second screenshot 1 hr later and now the Cell mid temp (can't explain why it registered now) is 19 C and Battery power at -7.29 now indicates the battery is getting the full 7kw of charging. R power isn't registering (frustrating program) but I assume it's 0kw as the battery is getting the full 7kw from the wall charger.

Maybe a bug with Scan My Tesla but until I put the car in Drive the parameters don't always register on screen initially, usually I have 10.
I've seen lots of ODB/app power outputs from p cars, so it'll be interesting to know what max rear motor (charge 80%+) and battery kWh draw are you getting in SR+?

The in car heater doesn't seem so aggressive lately, have you measured a drop in car heater? Or is this where the battery is getting all the heat first?

·
Registered
103 Posts

@BimbleEV — that OBD setup looks very interesting. Is it difficult to install? The app looks to be Android only unfortunately but if it not too difficult to install I could probably work around that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've seen lots of ODB/app power outputs from p cars, so it'll be interesting to know what max rear motor (charge 80%+) and battery kWh draw are you getting in SR+?

The in car heater doesn't seem so aggressive lately, have you measured a drop in car heater? Or is this where the battery is getting all the heat first?
R power has peaked at 221 KW (296 HP). R Torque has so far peaked at 367 NM (270 ft lbs) but so far I haven't driven with more than 70% SOC. I guess there must be a few % lost at the wheel/hub.

Not far off these hub dyno figures actually.

I've not noticed heating myself but I tend to have it low and sit in with a hat n coat. The battery power when stationary at lights for example has varied between 1.5-3.5 KW the higher figure when it was zero. There's probably a HVAC parameter as there loads under the ALL tab.

·
Registered
58 Posts
@BimbleEV — that OBD setup looks very interesting. Is it difficult to install? The app looks to be Android only unfortunately but if it not too difficult to install I could probably work around that.
The breakout cable is a case of remove cover. Disconnect inline connector. Insert the male and female connectors to attached the OBDII port.

The longer part is disabling comms. Shut down the from menu by leaning in and leaving door open. Wait for traction battery to disconnect (3-4 mins). You can't miss it's like someone tapping the car under the rear seat with a rubber hammer. You do this before the connector install.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts