Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our Leaf for three weeks now and on Saturday we complete our first "big" journey. Very pleased with ourselves :D

We drove from Nottingham to Chatsworth House and back - a round trip of 80 miles - and didn't stop to charge anywhere. Made it home with 16 miles and 16% left in the batteries.

We had the Nissan dealer in Chesterfield as a potential charge point on return journey (M1 Tibshelf said it was offline) but didn't need it.

A few miles from home we saw the battery charge warning message for the first time :confused: but by that time I'd already sped up a bit and returned to "regular eco driving" mode rather than "super-eco-don't-accelerate-ever" mode.

Initially I'd been a bit worried whether we could 'easily' do it without stopping, but now we've done a journey like that once I'd feel a lot more confident planning a similar trip.

I also managed to "plant" three trees on the way there. Does anyone know if the tree counts when it's been grown (i.e. got a top) or planted (shuffled to the right)? In my head they only could when they're planted.

·
Registered
590 Posts
We've had ours for 27 days too. Someone on here said that they never pass a rapid charger with 30% or less battery and that has served us well. The Sunday before last, we did our first big trip, we did 205 miles with two charges on slow inner city roads. We didn't really need the second one, but we needed to stop and I just popped it on charge as I could then drive without worry.

Last Sunday we did our first big motorway trip round the M25 from Essex to Twickenham. We could've got there, but stopped off to charge as my wife used the car in the morning, so we started with 75%. The next day, we drove back and rapid charged again, so that we got home with a useable few miles rather than zero. All very easy and civilised.

·
Exciting Times Ahead
298 Posts
Very true... you sort of build confidence with the car as you take longer trips. I did a 114 and 180mile trip last week. Had a few charge stops but all good. What was your motorway speed?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did 217 miles Teesside - Rochdale and back on Saturday. Have destination charging via EVSE and extension lead at my Dad's house. Charged at IKEA westbound and Wetherby eastbound. Ironically the M62 Pennine crossing is the easy bit - the Cleveland hills on the A19 sap battery to the point where IKEA at 72 mile distance is always tight.

But not marginal. Arrived on 6% but fully confident of making it as a few trips and you know the GOM is more accurate at the end than the beginning

1 - 7 of 7 Posts