Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had to go to a conference by train on Monday and Tuesday this week, today was the first time I've done my normal commute since I got the Ampera.

It's not an entirely typical day as I had to pop to the sorting office this morning to pick up a couple of packages, and I took a short (3 mile) jaunt at lunchtime to show the car off to some colleagues.

I drove for 58.6 miles today, the majority on motorways ( doing around 80), and decided that as much as possible I'd drive 'normally' (i.e. How I did in my old car) - no hypermiling techniques etc.

I ended up with a fuel efficiency rating of 98.6mpg.

Tomorrow I'll leave a little earlier, set the cruise control to 60 and use L whenever I need to slow down and then see how much I can eek out.

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, day 2.

Today I drove as economically as I could - 56 mph on cruise control on the motorway sections, using the brake as little as possible and using L to slow down instead.

End result I did 59 miles in total, 40.9 of them on battery with an average MPG of 168 :D

Not sure I could drive like that every day though, although I may not have to as I have the go-ahead from our CEO to look into getting a charge point installed at work. I can be 100% ev if that happens :D

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts