Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I had a look but I don't think my car is equipped for that. I don't have the remote device shown in the manual and when I go into the menu in the car I can't select any heat options - just charging. Maybe I'm not understanding correctly??

·
Registered
85 Posts
In the 'We Connect' app, do you have an 'Air conditioning' settings option as per below? Selecting this allows you to choose a temperature and turn it on, also the Windows heating option to defrost/demist windows. If connected to charging lead then it will use mains electricity, otherwise there is an option somewhere that will use the high-voltage battery if disconnected.

The e-Manager settings should allow you to create a charging location; this lets you choose whether to charge or heat or do both at a given time on a schedule you choose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No, none of that stuff on my app. I have a dfreeze option but its all non sense as I don't have the remote that it needs and I doubt that I have the heater either. Also that app doesn't work as it doesn't allow a password to be entered on an iPhone?? and its all in German. That screen shot you show must only be on newer cars I guess. I see there is an app support number so I'll try calling that tomorrow. My app shows some useful information on the car but nothing at all to do with heating options.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No, none of that stuff on my app. I have a dfreeze option but its all non sense as I don't have the remote that it needs and I doubt that I have the heater either. Also that app doesn't work as it doesn't allow a password to be entered on an iPhone?? and its all in German. That screen shot you show must only be on newer cars I guess. I see there is an app support number so I'll try calling that tomorrow. My app shows some useful information on the car but nothing at all to do with heating options.
Sorry about that, I hadn't realised that the remote services (used to be called Car-Net) weren't standard previously, perhaps any 2017 owners can chip in. I think this telematics comes with first three years access as standard. Probably I was just lucky in the timing of my car (spring 2018 build) that it came with updated media system as well compared to 2017 model year, and perhaps Car-Net was part of this.

How's the rest of your 7 day test going?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The car is great and I'm keeping it. I had given up with GTE believing them to be too expensive in comparison with a diesel equivalent. However this one came up at a "tolerable " price. Its fully loaded with options including car net and full Apple car play functionally. I suspect not being able to control the heating remotely is down to my lack of ability. Maybe there is some box not ticked or ticked when it shouldn't be in the cars extensive configuration screens. I'll call the app support line later and update this tread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok all resolved now. The app that I had downloaded (and that interfaces with the data plug in the car) is We Connect Go and its doing all that it should which does not include any pre conditioning. The app that does all that is We Connect. The icon is almost identical so that why all the confusion in my defence. Anyway its all good now and I can heat up and cool down whenever I like whilst standing still in the garage or in preparation for a planned journey along with the charging of course. How did we ever live with cars that can't do such things?? I'm now suffering from data and tech overload. I'd take out my 1977 Alfa Spider for a reality balance but there is too much snow around for that!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts