Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in my intro thread, one of my friends has a Gen 2 Tekna spec Leaf. I went round to his last night and we had a little spin.
Wow. Its better than I had expected. Bear in mind I have never driven an EV before. It was silky smooth, silent, and very nippy when not in ECO mode. Build quality seems nice and solid, and the ride is also good.The heated seats and steering wheel are nice extras.

I have booked up a 7 day test drive starting on Saturday 6th, and intend to use the car on my daily commute to see how it fits.
I have also mentioned the car to my colleague ( who hails from Sunderland.... ) and he is trying to put me in touch with one of his mates who works at the Nissan plant. Can anyone explain how the employee discount codes work, and what they are worth?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
536 Posts
Usually, Nissan will issue the employee with a code that he / she then gives to you, you walk into the main dealer and say that you have an employee discount code and they will apply it to the sticker price. What you might want to do is go in, negotiate a price as at the moment there is some heavy discounting going on, when you are happy at a price then mention you have an employee discount code and see what they say. They may only apply the discount to the list price in which case choose whichever is lower. I'm not sure whether the dealer claims the employee discount from Nissan, if so you might be able to add the 2 together. If it's the dealership that stomach the cost then I doubt they will be willing to apply the employee DC to the negotiated price. The last time I used one was on a new Qashqai but they weren't discounting as they had just been released and were in high demand but was still worth 30% off which is a pretty good discount!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just recently bought one (arriving next week!!!), I demo'd one for 7 days and just fell in love with the thing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts