Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My e-Golf had its first service yesterday, at 19789 miles.

I say service, as let’s be clear it was just an inspection of brake and suspension components, and the anti-perforation body work check.

£108, although that did include collection and drop off of the car, and a very thorough clean and vacuum. The driver was very fastidious about cleaning the contact points at drop off, which I’ve since done again and left the windows open for a few hours.

Sorted for another 20k miles anyway.

I think at the same point in the GTE I’d have spent £420 on 2 x services, so I’m still saving a heap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My e-Golf had its first service yesterday, at 19789 miles.

I say service, as let’s be clear it was just an inspection of brake and suspension components, and the anti-perforation body work check.

£108, although that did include collection and drop off of the car, and a very thorough clean and vacuum. The driver was very fastidious about cleaning the contact points at drop off, which I’ve since done again and left the windows open for a few hours.

Sorted for another 20k miles anyway.

I think at the same point in the GTE I’d have spent £420 on 2 x services, so I’m still saving a heap.
Mine is on 19993 and is booked in for the first inspection.
Were any software updates included in your £108? I have been quoted £136.

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is on 19993 and is booked in for the first inspection.
Were any software updates included in your £108? I have been quoted £136.
I forgot to look at the paperwork which is still in the car, but nothing was mentioned on the telephone.

I enquired with another dealer and was quoted £156, I don’t think they know what they’re talking about sometimes.

Even where I had it serviced, which is where I purchased it from, the quote was initially £152. When I asked what I got for that, they listed oil and filter change amongst others. When I pointed out it was electric, it became £108.

I don’t mean to be too hard on them, the collection and drop off was very handy as I’m still working, and I guess the Service Advisor was just reading from the Golf menu pricing or something.

If it wasn’t for warranty reasons, I wouldn’t have had it in the garage at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I enquired with another dealer and was quoted £156, I don’t think they know what they’re talking about sometimes.
I was quoted £200 by the same dealer a few months ago! I'm sure they just make this stuff up sometimes.

I don't have any concerns, but I'll ask them to confirm the battery state of health too.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,112 Posts
Could you please tell us which dealer this was?

I am keen to get various things done on my GTE but none of the dealers in the Bradford area are prepared to collect.

We are shielding, being ancient.

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you please tell us which dealer this was?

I am keen to get various things done on my GTE but none of the dealers in the Bradford area are prepared to collect.

We are shielding, being ancient.
Robinsons at Peterborough.

They’re only servicing key workers cars at the moment though.

It’s changing quickly, Vertu are also opening up the servicing side, as are Vindis although I don’t know if any of those dealers have branches near you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did it on e-up... just change the clima filter and lubricate the door... and for all this they ask in Romania 80 Euro... In Greece wa 19 Euro... + 6 euro for filter...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts