Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My e-Golf had its first service yesterday, at 19789 miles.

I say service, as let’s be clear it was just an inspection of brake and suspension components, and the anti-perforation body work check.

£108, although that did include collection and drop off of the car, and a very thorough clean and vacuum. The driver was very fastidious about cleaning the contact points at drop off, which I’ve since done again and left the windows open for a few hours.

Sorted for another 20k miles anyway.

I think at the same point in the GTE I’d have spent £420 on 2 x services, so I’m still saving a heap.

·
Registered
94 Posts

I say service, as let’s be clear it was just an inspection of brake and suspension components, and the anti-perforation body work check.

£108, although that did include collection and drop off of the car, and a very thorough clean and vacuum. The driver was very fastidious about cleaning the contact points at drop off, which I’ve since done again and left the windows open for a few hours.

I think at the same point in the GTE I’d have spent £420 on 2 x services, so I’m still saving a heap.
Mine is on 19993 and is booked in for the first inspection.
Were any software updates included in your £108? I have been quoted £136.

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is on 19993 and is booked in for the first inspection.
Were any software updates included in your £108? I have been quoted £136.
I forgot to look at the paperwork which is still in the car, but nothing was mentioned on the telephone.

I enquired with another dealer and was quoted £156, I don’t think they know what they’re talking about sometimes.

Even where I had it serviced, which is where I purchased it from, the quote was initially £152. When I asked what I got for that, they listed oil and filter change amongst others. When I pointed out it was electric, it became £108.

I don’t mean to be too hard on them, the collection and drop off was very handy as I’m still working, and I guess the Service Advisor was just reading from the Golf menu pricing or something.

If it wasn’t for warranty reasons, I wouldn’t have had it in the garage at all.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I enquired with another dealer and was quoted £156, I don’t think they know what they’re talking about sometimes.
I was quoted £200 by the same dealer a few months ago! I'm sure they just make this stuff up sometimes.

I don't have any concerns, but I'll ask them to confirm the battery state of health too.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,653 Posts
Could you please tell us which dealer this was?

I am keen to get various things done on my GTE but none of the dealers in the Bradford area are prepared to collect.

We are shielding, being ancient.

·
Premium Member
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you please tell us which dealer this was?

I am keen to get various things done on my GTE but none of the dealers in the Bradford area are prepared to collect.

We are shielding, being ancient.
Robinsons at Peterborough.

They’re only servicing key workers cars at the moment though.

It’s changing quickly, Vertu are also opening up the servicing side, as are Vindis although I don’t know if any of those dealers have branches near you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did it on e-up... just change the clima filter and lubricate the door... and for all this they ask in Romania 80 Euro... In Greece wa 19 Euro... + 6 euro for filter...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you checked out CleevelyEV mobile services. I’m going to try them for my 3 year service in March/April. I’m not connected with them in any way, but check out James & Kate on utube, as some Cleevely EV repair stuff is covered there.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Mine was done today, needed new wipers and there was a new OD filter.
£199.99 total.
Mileage was only 2842, though.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Have you checked out CleevelyEV mobile services. I’m going to try them for my 3 year service in March/April. I’m not connected with them in any way, but check out James & Kate on utube, as some Cleevely EV repair stuff is covered there.
I also watch their YouTube video’s.
They are excellent !.
This is Jamie’s full time job now I believe.
The lads there are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to EV work.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,818 Posts
New wipers and a filter and you haven't even done 3000 miles in 2 years?
Doesn't sound right to me.

3rd service today and its the first time they are changing anything, or so I was told when I asked about the increase in price.

I fitted wipers the other week, after 3 years and 53000 miles, maybe they should have been charged earlier in the year but they were still clearing the screen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
New wipers and a filter and you haven't even done 3000 miles in 2 years?
Doesn't sound right to me.

3rd service today and its the first time they are changing anything, or so I was told when I asked about the increase in price.

I fitted wipers the other week, after 3 years and 53000 miles, maybe they should have been charged earlier in the year but they were still clearing the screen.
The wiper had, in fact, just started squealing like a banshee on the way there. This is definitely not normal so I wasn't surprised. Discussing this with my son we concluded that either, in the freezing weather, I had loosened the wipers from the ice and that has made the edge ragged and unable to clear the screen, or the remaining ice had been catching the blades while operating and so shredding the edge.
To be honest, I wasn't querying things too much because of several factors.
1. Despite booking in early December for the car's 2nd anniversary, it was booked in with them for 29 Dec despite an email giving the correct date of today.
2. The company changed ownership and the old / new procedures aren't working well. Normally they call the day before to confirm the appointment, but working practices changed.
3. The fitted me in and it was over before midday.
4 I was initially quoted £222 for the service but was told at the time it was £184.
5. Even with the wipers / pollen filter, it was only £199.99 inclusive.
6. The guy at reception was so concerned that everything had got messed up for me that he took a copy of my email to see what went wrong and make sure it didn't happen again.
7. I got a video of the inspection.

I couldn't care less about a pollen filter and it could be considered part of the inspection for all I care.
I got my car back fast and they even vacuumed it out.

I'd go back next year without a doubt.
Richard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts