Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My lease company is offering me a 'free' upgrade from my 'first edition' to a '4'. I'm guessing that Kia have some '4's' that they want to move on before the 4+ arrives. Here's what I see the differences will be for me:

10" screen
Uvo app
LED lights.

Any Web searches now only show 4+ spec so I'm wondering if there is anything I've missed?

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
A free upgrade to a 4 sounds like a no brainer to me!

Who are you leasing through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi. My lease company is offering me a 'free' upgrade from my 'first edition' to a '4'. I'm guessing that Kia have some '4's' that they want to move on before the 4+ arrives. Here's what I see the differences will be for me:

10" screen
Uvo app
LED lights.
Don't forget the ambient lighting! :p

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
372 Posts
And also the yards of additional reflective piano black waiting to be scratched/finger marked/dust magnet.
Didn't the UK FE 2019 have twin reverse and rear fog lights too ? (I’m not certain). I know the 2020 '4' only has one of each anyway.
Peter

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I wish they included useful stuff like 360 cameras. I'd pay for that upgrade.

Can I ask how much you are paying? Looking at their site it seems very expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm haggling with them at the moment. Because of Covid I'm only doing about 8k per year (5.5k in my FE since Feb) but I'm paying £495 / month for 10k at the moment. Whilst that may sound expensive, should my circumstances change I can walk away or change cars when each 3 month block is up. I'd rather this than be tied in to 15k Miles a year for 3 years.

So apart from ambient lighting and missing a couple of rear lights - have I missed anything?

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Yeah the long terms with no get out put me off too.

Seems like buying cars or even financing them is going out of fashion

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m getting a eniro 4 from evogo next Monday. They are a little pricey but I like the idea of being able to try something different every 3 months. That way as newer models come out I don’t have to wait 3 years to change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
look at some v good lease deals on the 4 spec, do these have the updated interior? i.e the new air vents etc?
Other option is the 3 spec but the lack of heat pump concerns me, though I can’t find any specifics on the difference it makes!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Seadoo

look at some v good lease deals on the 4 spec, do these have the updated interior? i.e the new air vents etc?
Other option is the 3 spec but the lack of heat pump concerns me, though I can’t find any specifics on the difference it makes!
The 3 and 4+ won't be available through Evogo until maybe spring next year. Their business model is based on helping the car manufacturers with overstocks. They buy them cheap, run them for up to a year and them move them on. The sweet spot with them is getting one just before the manufacturer launches their next new thing.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
There are some deals starting at any 350/month on the 4+ if you lease for 4 years. PCP is any 475, seems like they really don't want to sell you one!

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is the deal I’ve been looking at, it appears to be for the old ‘4’ spec not the 4+ wondering if that spec has the new interior? (As per pic)

Agree I’d prefer PCP as more flexible but it’s considerably more expensive this lease seems great value.

·
Registered
22 Posts
@Fenderflame The 4 also has heated steering wheel and ISLW (displaying speed limit road signs on the instrument cluster). For me having test-driven the FE and bought the 4, the biggest difference is the display. The 10.25" looks incredible compared to the 7".

I agree with @Badger - upgrading for free sounds like a no-brainer!

·
Registered
305 Posts
View attachment 135211 View attachment 135212 This is the deal I’ve been looking at, it appears to be for the old ‘4’ spec not the 4+ wondering if that spec has the new interior? (As per pic)

Agree I’d prefer PCP as more flexible but it’s considerably more expensive this lease seems great value.
Yes, that's the '4' trim interior.

@Fenderflame The 4 also has heated steering wheel and ISLW (displaying speed limit road signs on the instrument cluster). For me having test-driven the FE and bought the 4, the biggest difference is the display. The 10.25" looks incredible compared to the 7".

I agree with @Badger - upgrading for free sounds like a no-brainer!
Yes the screen does look amazing. The incredibly dark blacks make it look like an OLED screen but I assume it's actually an LCD. The only downside is no full-screen Android Auto, which wastes a third of the screen!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts