Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just ordered my first EV, a KIA Niro 4+ arriving begging of March (Hopefully)

I will be reading many post to help me make the change from ICE to EV any tips will be much appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Reactions: Scrooge and Todor

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,168 Posts
Welcome Steve - great choice!

Some tips I offered to another future e-Niro owner the other day may also be of interest to you too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Steve - great choice!

Some tips I offered to another future e-Niro owner the other day may also be of interest to you too.

Thanks Bill

This is a replacement company car (Great BIK) and a great car had a test drive already and well impressed

I will be doing 20k miles plus a year so will definitely need to know where the best charging points are in the UK and occasionally Europe

Cheers

Reactions: Bill N

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,568 Posts
@stecon29 Welcome, its worth looking at some of the posts for the Kona/2020 Soul as well as the Niro ones. Same drivetrain and some of the comments apply to all 3 EVs.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,168 Posts
Thanks Bill

This is a replacement company car (Great BIK) and a great car had a test drive already and well impressed

I will be doing 20k miles plus a year so will definitely need to know where the best charging points are in the UK and occasionally Europe

Cheers
Sound great - it’ll be a breeze. The amount of rapid chargers that have gone in over the past 18-24 months since I went EV is really quite significant.

I’ve done 18k miles since April 2019 (despite COVID) in an i3 (inc. to the Rhine Valley and back via Belgium) and not had any real issues at all - by mainly just following the points I suggested.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Bill

Cheers
As a 'newbie' here, it would be remiss of us not to recommend Zap-Map.com to you as a default site for virtually all things EV. You'll find it the go-to site for location of Public Charging Points in the UK (including types, who the provider is, how many are available and whether they are currently operational and/or occupied by someone else charging, services available at locations, not to mention costings, etc...) It's very easy to navigate and quite user friendly, too! There may be others, but this is the best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts