Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I’d say hello. My first EV is coming in 2 weeks, I’m 99% sure an EV will suit me perfectly but am just testing the water really so have opted for a 2 year lease. Which to me seems like very good value. The car itself is an E-UP. It’ll be a commuter car so size not that important and we have a larger car for family trips etc.

Really looking forward to getting it. I must say I’ve been lurking a little on here for the last month or so, some great information 👍🏻

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just thought I’d say hello. My first EV is coming in 2 weeks, I’m 99% sure an EV will suit me perfectly but am just testing the water really so have opted for a 2 year lease. Which to me seems like very good value. The car itself is an E-UP. It’ll be a commuter car so size not that important and we have a larger car for family trips etc.

Really looking forward to getting it. I must say I’ve been lurking a little on here for the last month or so, some great information 👍🏻
E-UP is a brilliant choice. You've done well: they're much sought-after and hard to get. My first EV was a second-hand Peugeot iOn, like you to test the water. Three years later, we still have the iOn as the family runabout, plus a larger EV (also second-hand), and we added solar panels to our home which means the cars get charged on sunshine a lot of the time. Best wishes for your EV adventure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Yes you’re right, I spent a good 2 weeks trying different brokers trying to secure a lease on either the up or a Seat Mii. I’d pretty much given up when I found someone who had a few cars just arrive at the dealer 👍🏻

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
My first EV was an e-Up! (2015 model).

It's restricted range of 90 miles (officially ! 60 more realistically) made it ideal as a 'shopping trolley' but not good for longer journeys. But we knew that before buying and had a backup ICEV and were very happy with it. After a couple of years we graduated to an EV with more range and sold the ICEV.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
In case it's not clear: the current e-Up and Seat Mii electric have a much more practical range of over 120 real world miles.
I did realise - hence mentioning that mine was a 2015 model.

I believe VW have actually doubled the battery capacity since then so are probably claiming up to 180 miles (but 120 is more believable). If ours had enjoyed that sort of battery capacity, I doubt we'd ever have changed it.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
578 Posts
I've seen 160 WLTP quoted. My 120 may be quite cautious. My wife's Mii has estimated 145 and it wasn't fully charged then...
Battery is 38kWh, I seem to recall.
Anyway, lovely car for short/medium distance runabout, and fun to drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did exactly the same. Leased a Leaf for 2 years. Around 3 months in and haven’t looked back. Love it. Don’t think I’d go back to an ICE. Need to see how it performs in the winter to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was between either the up/mii, leaf or Zoe as my first EV. They all seem to get very good reviews and the only thing that swung it for me was cost. The lease on the UP came back quite a chunk cheaper. The super mini/small section of EVs seems to be very well regarded 👍🏻

1 - 9 of 9 Posts