Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weekend in Liverpool was planned, and a couple of days before I had Charged EV in to fit a 32 amp charge point fitted to the outside of the house. First off, the engineers arrived prompt and on time, very polite and professional. Great work, well fitted and tidy. This was only possible as the prices for the charge points was reduced. I paid £220 for a 32 amp 5 metre tethered option in the base colours of white and lime green....At full prices I would of ended up paying £380, a saving of £160.....This install also included an external fuse box due to the age of the old one fitted inside.

So, I charged up Friday night. Saturday morning it had a 28 mile range, fully charged. Drove up on the motorway, using ICE, off motorway the EV kicked in 100%, parked up with 22 miles range left ( no charging ). Yesterday (Sunday), drove back mostly on EV, as came back A / B Roads with a combination of pure EV and ICE to charge. Got home with 4 miles left. Charged last night for this week. All of this was done with 4 people in the car (inc me) and full luggage.

I knew that long distance would cost abit more, but still have 3/4 petrol left. Hit 104 mpg when on motorway.,

Very pleased with it. So glad I picked the Outlander over other EV models.

·
Outlander PHEV App - EvBatMon.
132 Posts
Very pleased with it. So glad I picked the Outlander over other EV models.
Yep, it represents great value right now if you need the flexibility of going for longer trips. The only practical alternative is really a Tesla at 3 times the price. And here in Australia, they are still building the supercharger network so you can't do interstate trips without a lot of prior planning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts