Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed my first long trip in my Leaf today.

Lancashire to South gloucestershire- 175 miles.

Went really smoothly, stopped at Keele services and then at Arbury Nissan in Bromsgrove. Chopped the trip nicely into 3 * 60 mile stages. Arbury nissan were really accommodating and had a coffee and a chat with 2 of their salesmen.

Its given me a lot of confidence to do more longer journeys in the future.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I also saw them yesterday....most accomodating and nice coffee :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
My planned journey was 304 miles, but but went to 400 miles within 9 hours, charged 9 times, most of times I still had 3-8 bars left (from 16). What prolonged my journey? The roundabout near Donnington services was closed due to road repairs (+24 miles), and the other RC at Hopwood services was faulty, something was wrong with charger board so Ecotricity advice me to go the m5 north Frankley services (another +20 miles).
My trip was from Scunthorpe to Exeter and then to westward ho!, I have no charging point here but the Westbeach Resort manager gave me permission to trickle charge my car.
I'm driving Peugeot iOn and I'm happy about its range so far :)

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Just completed my first long trip in my Leaf today.

Lancashire to South gloucestershire- 175 miles.

Went really smoothly, stopped at Keele services and then at Arbury Nissan in Bromsgrove. Chopped the trip nicely into 3 * 60 mile stages. Arbury nissan were really accommodating and had a coffee and a chat with 2 of their salesmen.

Its given me a lot of confidence to do more longer journeys in the future.
Well done! And, of course, the more trips you do, the easier it becomes.
Today I 'commuted' 100 miles to Sheffield. Done it before, most recently last week. As rapid chargers aren't ideally positioned, previous trips have involved 2 short stops to charge - mainly to make sure that I wasn't two hours late for my meetings. Today, I felt braver and did the trip with just one stop, 80 miles from home. Got there faster than the train - including my stop at Woolley Edge for coffee, calls and about 18kWh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts