Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Free parking with some some councils. Depends on your area.
There used to be that in Newcastle City Centre, free parking when charging in an EV space. Too many people with EVs to keep that going now. Too convenient for us to go to the Metrocentre rather than the Toon (free parking for all and only 5 miles further).

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
445 Posts
I’m gonna get the green flash plates soon.
I just see it as promoting something positive and good. Sad that suddenly is painted as something negative ie. ‘Virtue signalling’.
Tbh it’s similar with ‘woke’ which is largely just having a bit of empathy, respect and common decency.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Proposed benefits? For having green number plates? What are those benefits?
I think there was talk of local councils being able to do things such as let EV's in bus lanes etc with the green plates being used to stop fines from the cameras. I may be wrong though or it may have just been suggestions when the plates were introduced with no councils actually having any intention to do it.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
518 Posts
I think there was talk of local councils being able to do things such as let EV's in bus lanes etc with the green plates being used to stop fines from the cameras. I may be wrong though or it may have just been suggestions when the plates were introduced with no councils actually having any intention to do it.
More likely just one of those internet Chinese whispers, probably started by some eejit wishfully thinking out loud. Probably hadn't thought it through because anyone can buy green stickers for their number plates.

·
Registered
Seat Ibiza- contemplating an ID.3
146 Posts
Surely the bus lane cameras would just look up the registration details with the DVLA, and ignore it if the car's registered as zero emissions? Kind of like how they ignore vehicles registered as taxis or busses.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts