Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First MOT coming up for my M3 P-.

Can someone recommend a good place near Edinburgh Newbridge? There are good places around here for ICE but unlikely they would have handled a Tesla so I don't want my car to be their first experiment.

Shame the service centre cannot do it.

·
Registered
2020 BMW i3S 120Ah BEV
533 Posts
Surely all they have to do is check the lights, brakes and seatbelts and it's done .. ?!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MOT's are only for cars once they reach 3 years old, surely your 3 cannot be that old yet?
How could I have forgotten that 🙃 Thanks for reminding.

I renewed the the road tax ( £0 ) earlier in the day and it had a link for checking MOT and that had the expiry date in August so things just took off in the wrong direction after that.

Reactions: h8ten

·
Registered
452 Posts
Surely all they have to do is check the lights, brakes and seatbelts and it's done .. ?!
Apart from emissions and making sure someone hasn’t removed the DPF it is pretty much same as ICE. Driveshafts, suspension, steering, brakes, bearings, lights, wipers etc all just the same.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For anyone else reading this thread:

If you are operating your car in Northern Ireland, it's first MOT is when it is 4 years old (but bring it back to the UK and you will need an MOT at year 3)

Lots of MOT expiry dates have been extended due to COVID. You can check on https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ but if your MOT was due between 30th March and 31st July 2021 then it may have been extended by 6 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts