Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the first on-street charge points in the London Borough of Barnet have been installed. All the other charge points in the borough are on private property (supermarket / shopping centre / tube station car parks).

These ones are two IER Source London charge points (type2 socket / tethered J1172), and they're on Temple Fortune, outside M&S Food Hall. No bay markings yet, so when I passed them earlier in the day, they were ICEd. There's also no signage, so it looks like at the moment, the standard on-street parking charges apply.

Not yet on Source London's own map, but they are working when I checked them this evening.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
They are on Source redacted's map but in the wrong place. Go further south to just north of the A41/A598 corner and it's there in Orange. In the wrong place.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again, Source London's map is wrong before they even start. There's a large number of 'disappeared' charge points that have just vanished from the Source London map, but work fine.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Couple on East Finchley high street too. Just about here:

Google Maps

Give or take a thumb or two :cool:

Not sure if serviceable yet.
I passed the new style tethered Type 1 / Type 2 socket station this morning on my bike. It is outside 118/120 on the High Street. If not in OCM I will add it later. No power. No bay or sign of a bay being prepared yet.

Edit: I have added it to OCM, awaiting moderation approval.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Two new points at Mill Hill Broadway train station car park. Not yet live. No markings etc.

Anyone have any news on Source Londons charging plans? Apparently you will be able to reserve changing points using their app?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's also some going in at Lodge Lane Car Park, North Finchley.

And Source London's expansion plans take it in interesting directions:
sourcelondon_expansion.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have charged overnight at Temple Fortune points on Finchley Road a few times now, free parking 1730 to 0900 and on Sunday. It is 15 minutes walk from my terrace house, so a real breakthrough for the mpg on my ampera. I have also had a look at the points on Lodge Lane, and amazingly they are installed in the disabled bays.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I can confirm that the charge points in Lodge Lane are still marked as disabled bays.
I charged here today successfully, however the left-hand post would not start a charge - it recognised my card but the touch screen would not let me select the input type (tethered or own cable). :(
Then it occurred to me that the big dried bird poo on the screen might have something to do with it!
After application of a wet tissue, it was working better when I left. :D

I found the operation of them a bit strange compared to other posts I've used.
The touch screen is not lit so when you approach them the post looks a bit dead, until you notice a dim green glow from behind the top tip (difficult to see in sunlight).
I mean, most posts I've used have bright blue LEDs when free and go green whilst charging.
These do the opposite, glowing blue whilst charging.
Another missed opportunity for standardisation. :(

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems that IER are now making them in black, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham have bought a load.
Just like the ones in Barnet, they're not fully active yet, and haven't yet had correct bay markings applied.

20160215_141836_Thaxton Rd.jpg

Back to Barnet, and the ones in East Finchley were installed back in mid-September, but they're still not switched on, over five months later.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Back to Barnet, and the ones in East Finchley were installed back in mid-September, but they're still not switched on, over five months later.
I'll check next time I'm over there.
I thought these ones in Lodge Lane weren't working as they had no lights on until I put my card on one "just in case", then it lit up. I'm pretty sure the green/blue light at the back wasn't on either.
I have kept looking at the one on the high street in East Finchley every time I drive past and presumed because it had no lights on it had no power, now I'm not so sure. I'll give it a tap with my card to see what happens. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guess who got a parking ticket for parking in the disabled bay in Lodge Lane while trying to charge my car?!
I appealed, that got turned down, even though I supplied photo etc I am now having to do a formal representation. FFS!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'll check next time I'm over there.
I thought these ones in Lodge Lane weren't working as they had no lights on until I put my card on one "just in case", then it lit up. I'm pretty sure the green/blue light at the back wasn't on either.
I have kept looking at the one on the high street in East Finchley every time I drive past and presumed because it had no lights on it had no power, now I'm not so sure. I'll give it a tap with my card to see what happens. :)
One is still marked up as a disabled bay so I'd guess still not operational.

Hadn't realised it was 5 months. That's pretty poor

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Temple Fortune ones have now been switched off and Source London just told me they are "long term" switched off. One step forward and two back it seems.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Bunns lane carp-park chargers have been off line for a few weeks now. Before that they were pretty much permanently ICED.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts