Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,620 Posts
Does the EV world really need another SUV?
No, but if someone’s going to buy one anyway I’d rather they bought an electric one.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Looks a bit like the bmw iX (especially the C pillar)

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
No, but if someone’s going to buy one anyway I’d rather they bought an electric one.
Shame that other body styles are so badly serviced. There are a lot of fossil fuel guzzling saloons and estates still getting sold and farting around town (like the one on my driveway). Would be nice if there were more options for people that don't like SUVs. I'd be all over a full EV Passat if they made one.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,448 Posts
Does the EV world really need another SUV?
I need there to be a sensible sized, spacious, 6 seat EV, SUV style preferably in the next few years. Ageing in-laws and growing kids and I can see us driving them around on family holidays. Or as it currently stands we take the MG ZS EV an the b-max just to fit everyone and everything in. I'd rather the sensible singe vehicle approach. I'd love to be able to buy something like the ID Buzz but unless its under £40k there is zero chance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think we need an SUV tax...a very big SUV tax.

Whether it's electric or petrol. They are such a waste of space.

The whole idea of an SUV is just purely american excess for the sake of excess and it's total nonsense, unfortunately it's rubbed off on people here.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,448 Posts
I think we need an SUV tax...a very big SUV tax.

Whether it's electric or petrol. They are such a waste of space.

The whole idea of an SUV is just purely american excess for the sake of excess and it's total nonsense, unfortunately it's rubbed off on people here.
Your person situation does not apply to all other people. ;)

My example being 1 sensible 6+ seat SUV vs taking 2 cars. Which is better? Consider also that one of those other cars will be an ICE.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your person situation does not apply to all other people. ;)

My example being 1 sensible 6+ seat SUV vs taking 2 cars. Which is better? Consider also that one of those other cars will be an ICE.
Oh you routinely have 6+ people in your SUV? Fair enough, you may be an isolated case where it is fully utilised.

The majority of people that own an SUV just need something considerable to discourge them so they will buy something more reasonable.

My example - friends of mine (a couple) they have no kids and one SUV each, 1 Sante Fe and 1 RAV4.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,448 Posts
Oh you routinely have 6+ people in your SUV? Fair enough, you may be an isolated case where it is fully utilised.

The majority of people that own an SUV just need something considerable to discourge them so they will buy something more reasonable.

My example - friends of mine (a couple) they have no kids and one SUV each, 1 Sante Fe and 1 RAV4.
I routinely have 4, but for that extra 2ft of space it certainly wouldn't be wasted, perhaps underutilised some of the time. Although having the substantially bigger boot when rear most seats folded would mean bikes etc would be more often taken out and less inconvenience that roof bars (and less range reduction).

Unfortunately you can't always pick your friends, well you can but if you rule them out as morons because they prefer a car with capacity over say a Twizy then you won't have a lot of friends (or any, based on how few twizys are actually on the road) 🤷‍♂️

1 - 16 of 16 Posts