Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booked my Kona in for its first service. I asked how much it would be, the dealer said they would get back to me. They did say being on the Isle of Man it would most likely be more expensive than that provided by a UK Dealer (they didn't explain why). It will be interesting to see how much they wish to charge.

What did others pay for their first service?

·
Registered
Kona64
1,694 Posts
[QUOTE="Julian Ashcroft, post: 3052177, member: 4983"

What did others pay for their first service?
[/QUOTE]
Mid £60s , Portsmouth

They need to spend time polishing the special "M"s on your number plates vs us over on the Big Isle

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE in Galactic Grey
214 Posts
Mine is due first week in September, but I'm Edinburgh. However, this lot might also by worth a look for you in IoM - secret-service. I have requested a quote for the Kona and it came in at £39.85 at the official Hyundai dealer nearby. Using the Hyundai site (service) to book the same dealer came in at £70.20.

My last car was due a big, expensive service the week before the lease company were due to uplift it and deliver the Kona. I needed to have it done for the contract and would have paid a significant penalty if returned without up to date service and valid MOT, but not too keen on paying £400+ for a car I was handing over in less than 10 days from the due date. Someone told me about this lot, so I checked - the same (official) dealer that quoted me £400+ came in at just under £200 for service and MOT! Only slight problem is that you get unused slots, so I had to have it to them (across the other side of town) at 8.30am the next day. They are the only Mitsubishi dealer available in Edinburgh and had carried out all previous services, so no issue at all. I got exactly the same level of customer service as previous, exactly the same official service as had I booked without going through this lot, but all at half price.

The quote I received for the Kona is with the official dealer and is a very short bus ride from me, so an added bonus.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
It's worth checking the Hyundai website to see how much they think it would be. I booked my first service through the Hyundai website, £59.40.

Note that if you do book through the website you won't necessarily get the time or date you book: the dealer rang me back a few minutes later to say they didn't have the time slot the website had offered me but we arranged a different time. The price though is fixed by the online booking so you might as well see what it offers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts