Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
What is your ideal motorcycle then or can't we ask?
Ideal bike, as in dream bike?
A Suter 500 is my ultimate dream bike.
A carbon frame BMW HP4 would also be on my lottery list.
Basically, I like sports bikes and pretty much all other bikes can GTF....;)
I did have a brief encounter with an Aprilia Pegaso as a 'work hack' a year ago, but only 50bhp and an upright riding position did my head in.
It got binned quickly, riding a sportsbike to work isn't ideal, but better than that.

·
CTiD
398 Posts
Ideal bike, as in dream bike?
A Suter 500 is my ultimate dream bike.
A carbon frame BMW HP4 would also be on my lottery list.
Basically, I like sports bikes and pretty much all other bikes can GTF....;)
I did have a brief encounter with an Aprilia Pegaso as a 'work hack' a year ago, but only 50bhp and an upright riding position did my head in.
Hmmm.... as mentioned, each to his own

I'd rather have the HP2 Sport than the HP4 but that's me

I am carrying a little timber these days but I wouldn't agree that all BMW riders are... I've had around a dozen and used to be slim once :)

Sold a CB650 Cafe Racer recently that cost the builder (Rolls Royce engineer) £12k to build:

I now have something you'd probably hate which is an acquired taste admittedly that I really like and there are only 10 in the UK, 25 Globally in total... Looks like I may Px the bike for the new CCM Flat Tracker or Bobber later this year if CCM offer a realistic price for her:

Sorry I've corrupted the e bike thread BTW

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Nah, not my cup of tea at all, sorry.
Even though my 51 year old hips are sore these days, I'm still a knee down man.
In fact, track riding is becoming more attractive than road riding now, the roads are just a mess of other people and potholes.

·
CTiD
398 Posts
Nah, not my cup of tea at all, sorry.
Even though my 51 year old hips are sore these days, I'm still a knee down man.
In fact, track riding is becoming more attractive than road riding now, the roads are just a mess of other people and potholes.
The safest option as there are no idiots coming the other way but my superbike days are over.. the last one was a k7 Gixxer 1000 which somebody had invested £3k on.. Relentless Grapics, rearsets, and fat bars.. a strange combo but boy it was easy to ride.. so easy it would do 100 in first... it had to go as it was a licence loser

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
The safest option as there are no idiots coming the other way but my superbike days are over.. the last one was a k7 Gixxer 1000 which somebody had invested £3k on.. Relentless Grapics, rearsets, and fat bars.. a strange combo but boy it was easy to ride.. so easy it would do 100 in first... it had to go as it was a licence loser
Yeah, I get that.
A few mates are switching to comfier bikes that they potter around on, but it doesn't interest me.
I've always said, and intend to stick to it, that the day I can't manage a sportsbike is the day I give up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts