Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Thats great news, and just checked my order and I have a VIN number for my model S, things are getting close

Looking at the bays in the photo it looks possible to pin a car in the corner bay, surely thats not going to be allowed

I am sure the local constabulary wont be happy, that corner bay next to the door was reserved for the police

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
im amazed nobody has lifted the covers to have a look? was there any sign of the other parts that are normally fitted with the chargers like the megawatt transformer and the rack of control panels, being DC they wont be very far away?

Like this...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Will be interesting to see if they are big standalone groups or integrated with the motorway services like the ecotricity ones.

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Surely not JUST the M6, M4 and M20, that's some rather important routes/roads not catered for?
With 320 miles of range and 22kW AC charging I would probably never need a Supercharger in the UK ;)

However, this is just the first few locations... Tesla are serious about EVs and won't stop you from owning one if all they need to do is install some trivial infrastructure :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
The M20 is an interesting location it's only intercity if you were heading to the continent.
Wouldn't it would be great to charge while on the Eurostar! Google says the Eurostar consumes about 1600kw so there may be excess OLE capacity when just cruising and not accelerating.

I can imagine the news story now, Tesla fire on Eurostar while in Channel Tunnel = media frenzy :)

·
Super Moderator
7,725 Posts
Surely not JUST the M6, M4 and M20, that's some rather important routes/roads not catered for?
Have a play with:
http://www.freemaptools.com/how-far-can-i-travel.htm

and put in 200 miles range. Welsh/Scottish borders, somewhere North of London (start of the M6 seems about right) and somewhere South of London (to connect to Europe) should pretty much cover things. Don't forget Superchargers are for enabling long distance trips (like London to Edinburgh) not for regular day to day use.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts