Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to source fully fitted rubber mats for the 4+ in the UK, I have not been able to find any to date.

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
Has anyone been able to source fully fitted rubber mats for the 4+ in the UK, I have not been able to find any to date.
please see here a full thread about it......
Peter

Reactions: John Page

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update on the availability of fitted rubber mats, well I now have some courtesy of Prestige Car Mat Company, they arrived this morning, I asked specifically if the do a set for the KIA E-Niro 4+, there reply was very quick and yes they do.
So I went to there web site, Tailored Car Mats - Custom Made & Free UK Delivery | Prestige Car Mat Company I ordered a full set and specified to have the blue edge stitching, I have to say I am very impressed with the quality and the fitting, all beautifully made, very pleased.
So I thought others may well be interested, the cost, 拢42 including free postage.

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
They look nice. Just a word of caution though. The drivers mat should be held in fixed position with the safety hook provided. This is a safety feature to prevent the mat sliding down or backwards. If this happens (and it has done, fatally!) the gas pedal can get hooked under the top edge of the mat and cause permanent full power!! People have died because of this apparently. So it is essential to make sure this cannot possibly ever occur.
Peter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look nice. Just a word of caution though. The drivers mat should be held in fixed position with the safety hook provided. This is a safety feature to prevent the mat sliding down or backwards. If this happens (and it has done, fatally!) the gas pedal can get hooked under the top edge of the mat and cause permanent full power!! People have died because of this apparently. So it is essential to make sure this cannot possibly ever occur.
Peter
A very good point, I only laid them on top of the carpet mats to check that they fitted ok.

Registered
e-Niro 4+ 2021
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but does anybody know if any fully fitted rubber mats (such as Tuxmat: Kia Niro EV Custom Car Mats with Max Coverage | TuxMat) are available in the UK? I've been scouring the internet but I can't seem to find anything.
I got mine from carmats.co.uk. You enter your registration and then click on the picture of the mats for options on material, quality etc. Mine fit well and I am pleased with them but you should be aware that the drivers mat does NOT come with the correct clips for fitting to the floor (in spite of what it says on their web site). There is a metal ring in the mat in the right place but it is not the correct fitting and does not hold the mat securely. I sourced the correct fitting from eBay (search for 'Carmats Fittings Clips for Hyundai Kia Fixation Floor Mat Fasteners Holder 2pcs'). The clips come from Ukraine and the delivery time is estimated to be between 1 and 2 months! Mine arrived way faster than that estimate in just over two weeks. It is a simple matter to remove the metal ring from the mat and replace it with the new fitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts