Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

The best there is at what I do
Discussion Starter #1
A few things have happened over the past few months that have really got me questioning my view of things, could it be that the earth really is flat?

If the world is actually flat that might help to explain gravity as it's obviously not required but it does raise another whole load of questions, I wonder if Google has the answer.馃

Registered
Have you seen the film about them? Think it's called 'behind the curve'. It's very funny.

I'm still not convinced the whole thing isn't epic trolling and making money from idiots.

I mean literally if you walk from South Shields to Sunderland you can see the windfarm slowly vanish over the curve...

Registered
It's the algorithms. You watch one conspiracy video and you'll get recommended thousands more.

The algorithm that was designed to bring people together had bought easily swayed people together to be brainwashed by badly fact checked articles (eg. anti-EV), deliberately emotion stirring but lacking in facts article (eg. anti-immigrants), or just plain bad research methodology to manufacture skewed results (eg. anti-vax, anti-EV).

Smarter Everyday on youtube has a series about it... and how to identify fake news.

Registered
Algorithms categorise content by keywords, such as "genuine" "real" "proven" etc. They also take into consideration popularity of the domain such as "google" "youtube" "facebook" etc. If its proven real on facebook then it must be so!

Source:

Registered
Everyone knows it鈥檚 convex.
Very wise, convex like a vortex! In other words Earth does not have a shape, and is instead the transient path taken by particles in a particular window of time - like a rainbow!

This adds credence, at least in terms of photographic evidence, of a banana-shaped Earth snapshot. Talking of banana-shaped snapshots, check out today's very own conundrum:

The low resolution BBC photo suggests that only two of the three rainbows are reflected in the water; which in turn implies the light of the third rainbow has already bounced off the water and projected onto a flat wall of water droplets.

Does the observable projection of light mean the Earth is in fact flat? Perhaps 3D spheres are cognitive concepts that our brains use to represent our simplified understanding of the flat world.

Registered
There's a whole population of people who are really good at the monkey bars living underneath us!

On a smilar non EV thread, is it just me or is anyone else fed up to the back teeth of "One small step for mankind!" :sleep:

Registered
is it just me or is anyone else fed up to the back teeth of "One small step for mankind!" :sleep:
Not just you. I'm just ignoring it.

There seems to be an anniversary (any multiple of 5 or 10) for something every darned week these days. Then there are umpteen programmes about people on voyages of discovery to find they had a great uncle who was a riveter at a northern shipyard 100 years ago. The future seems to be a dying subject, except Brexit of course - and that's a dead horse these days.

Registered
We're too scared of the future (Brexit etc) so it's more comforting to look at the past (selectively of course).

Registered
... it's more comforting to look at the past ...
Ah yes, the days before: global warming, plastics, guns, and road rage..

I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
Here is an example of 'round-earthists' using violence to indoctrinate us with this nonsense about a curved earth

Now't stranger than folk ....

Registered
Just you wait until I explain how gravity isn鈥檛 an actual force.
You should know that gravity isn't a pulling force.

Is like the solar wind, you're pushed into the ground by the repelling force from the Sun that is only possible because the Earth is almost flat, actually is slightly convex (not like that ridiculous comment that is like a banana :p)
If Earth was flat the water would run out of it and would fall into space. Scientists have found that water runs into a series of tunnels into the centre and comes up again in the middle.
In case you wonder, the middle is the black sea, black because the water takes so long to travel from the edge to the centre.
:geek:

I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
You should know that gravity isn't a pulling force.
But that is why a Flat Earth makes sense. There is no such thing as gravity, all we are experiencing is the Earth disc accelerating upwards. If you let go of something, the floor accelerates up to hit it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts