Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,003 Posts
According to Relativity there is no way to prove it either way.
Exactly.

And I really don't know why people are calling this a 'planet' when that implies a spherical shape, rather than the disk we are living on.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Would you prefer to live towards the edge of Mars or in the middle?
Anywhere by the sea :p
every day watching the sunset over the ocean...

Just come to mind..
Where can I find a bungee jumping elastic long enough so I could jump on one edge of the Earth and appear on the other?
That would definitely prove Earth is flat and stop all this nonsense of a sphere :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Anywhere by the sea :p
every day watching the sunset over the ocean...

Just come to mind..
Where can I find a bungee jumping elastic long enough so I could jump on one edge of the Earth and appear on the other?
That would definitely prove Earth is flat and stop all this nonsense of a sphere :D
The Antarctic Treaty stops you doing that. You need to do more research!

·
23,003 Posts
Planets are things that "wander" around the Earth, it is what the word means. You can see they are spherical with a telescope. Wonders of modern scientific instruments!

Seriously, are you claiming the planets are discs too, like ours? Jeez ....

·
23,003 Posts
So you think our 'rock' is the only flat one in our solar system? Hmm.
Doh! Obviously!!

Just look around. I mean, just turn around 360 degrees and you'll see the edge of the disc all around, and the planets in the night sky either above the disc edge or not see them (below the edge).

The exception is the Moon, of course, which is obviously a disc too. You can only ever see one side.

·
Registered
756 Posts
A fundamental evidence that Earth is Flat!

Bird migration is the evidence Earth is flat.
How could the birds climb up from the south hemisphere all the way to the north is the Earth was round?
The amount of energy required will be astronomical not to mention that, as roundists say "the pull from gravity" will be a constant burden.

Being the Earth flat, the birds will only need to cover the distance on a normal horizontal flight.
Because the solar wind is dispersed more easily higher in the atmosphere, one because air is not as dense and second the solar wind will flow more freely away from the ground, this is the reason why birds migrate flying at higher altitude rather closer to the ground.

This is pure science :cool:

·
23,003 Posts
A fundamental evidence that Earth is Flat!

Bird migration is the evidence Earth is flat.
How could the birds climb up from the south hemisphere all the way to the north is the Earth was round?
The amount of energy required will be astronomical not to mention that, as roundists say "the pull from gravity" will be a constant burden.

Being the Earth flat, the birds will only need to cover the distance on a normal horizontal flight.
Because the solar wind is dispersed more easily higher in the atmosphere, one because air is not as dense and second the solar wind will flow more freely away from the ground, this is the reason why birds migrate flying at higher altitude rather closer to the ground.

This is pure science :cool:
I am sorry but you are being completely ridiculous. I think you are just trying to mock flat-Earthers.

As you know, the Earth is an elliptical disc which tips back and forth along the narrower diameter, making the Sun's crystal sphere spin around the disc further to the north or south focus depending on the season (angle of the disc tip).

As you also must know, the disc shrinks at one end and swells at the other (thermal expansion), which is why if you fly from one side of the disc in winter to the other in one day then you see more of the Sun during the day as it orbits overhead at one end to the other.

Because the Earth disc is accelerating upwards, thus creating an accelerating force to anything sitting on top of it (what people comically call 'gravity'), if birds with a low density take to the sky as the disc pivots over they feel a force towards the opposite end of the Earth disc. Birds with a higher density don't feel the same force.

Any birds that start the journey use up their fat reserves over time and therefore it is a positive feedback loop; any birds below a critical density threshold feel the force to fly to the other end of the disc, but in doing so lose density as they use energy flying, thus feel the force getting stronger over time until they start feeding again or the disc starts pivoting back the other way.

It is well known that if you keep birds well fed then they don't fly away for seasonal changes. Also, as the wings have a lower density, if you clip those then it increases their overall density and they don't fly away.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts