Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got an idea how they think this will reduce CO2?

I mean, is it compared to the CO2 footprint of imported brown coal, or something?

"
The project’s two natural gas-powered turbines will be complimented with one steam turbine to be powered by vapor created by the heat given off by the two gas driven units. That means the unit will provide up to 50% additional power at virtually no additional fuel consumption.

The unit will also feature innovative hybrid technology that combines a flexible combined cycle power plant with a battery energy storage system capable of instantly providing from 5 to 10 megawatts of power

"

·
Registered
40 Leaf
152 Posts
The project’s two natural gas-powered turbines will be complimented with one steam turbine to be powered by vapor created by the heat given off by the two gas driven units. That means the unit will provide up to 50% additional power at virtually no additional fuel consumption.
My guess is the old system they are comparing it to just wasted this heat maybe??

None of this sounds very cutting edge or green, maybe their previous power generation system is the benchmark!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is very interesting:

I don’t know why this isn’t being scaled fast!

Solar power to liquid fuel, it’s a no brainier??!
Yep.

I have proposed this could be a fuel for PHEVs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts